Nobody Needs To Know

Everyone looks uncomfortable. Some look down at their tea. Some look around the kitchen.

Alexander is the first to speak up.

"Should we even tell him at all?" He asks.

My mouth drops at the thought of hiding something from Daddy. But the more that I think about it the better of an idea it is. What he doesn't know won't hurt him? Right?

I look over at Eliza. She appears deep in thought. The consequences of lying would be great, if he ever found out.

"Eliza? What do you think?" I ask quietly.

"He would drive himself mad looking for the man who almost killed her. He's busy enough with the upcoming war." she says.

"And he wouldn't let us out of the house for ages." I add.

"He also wouldn't like us being around you." Hercules says.

"He might think it was one of us who poisoned her." Alex mumbled.

"It wasn't though." Eliza says.

"Right?" I ask.

"Of course not!" John exclaimed.

"No!" Hercules shouted.

Alexander stayed quiet.

"Alexander?" I ask worriedly.

"What reason would I have to poison a Schuyler Sister? Whoever wanted to get under your fathers skin did it for political reasons, right?" Alexander says.

"Uh, yes?" I say.

"Your father and I have to same view on the war. My guess is that the same person who killed your mother and cousins tried to kill Peggy. Someone who against the war." He explains.

"Well whoever it is, we need to find him." I say.

"She's right." John says.

"Of course I am." I say.

A/N: wow that was short. but I want to get a few more updates done before school starts on Tuesday. rip me.