Chapter 3

please listen to the music video at the top! it goes perfectly with the chapter!

After a short, talkative walk, Phil and I load ourselves into a seat on the Manchester eye. We aren't the only one's riding it. Nearly every other seat is full. I half-way expect someone to recognize Phil, but I guess that people don't love him as much as I do. I realize once we are locked in and moving that we are unbelievably close. Our hips are pressed closed together, and I can feel his breath falling to my hand that clenches the bar in front of us. 

 We begin moving up and the farther we go, the more I can see of Manchester. It's a truly beautiful city, even more beautiful at night. Phil is looking out his side, studying every little detail of the things below us. I look at him contently. His eyes are so deep and blue that it makes my heart skip a beat. His lips, soft and happy. His nose is structured and his cheekbones are just barely sculpted. Everything about him is perfect, and it makes me realize how badly I want him to be mine. I've been watching his videos and talking to him on Twitter for so long now that it feels like this isn't the first time we've met. Yet at the same time, compared to this, the feeling of his body heat against mine and vibrant blue of his eyes that a camera can't capture, those endless Skype calls truly mean nothing.

We begin moving up and up and eventually we are paused at the very top. I can see nearly the entire city. It's breathtaking. "This is so wonderful. Thank you so much for taking me here, Phil."

"Of course. I didn't know how you'd respond. I just wanted to show you the city, but this is a quite romantic ride so I didn't know if it would be awkward..." but I lose Phil. My eyes fall once again to his lips, only now I can't take them off. But suddenly, my mind snaps my glance back up to his eyes. They lock with mine, and gravity seemingly pulls us together.

Our lips touch. His lips feel as soft as they look. We melt into each other. I raise a hand to his face holding it against mine. All logical thought is gone, and I never want this moment to end. It feels like this kiss goes on forever because it is so magical, but in reality it only lasts a few seconds before we both pull away. I can feel my cheeks becoming pink, and I can see his reddening as well.

"Dan.." Phil says softly.

"Yeah?"

"Let's go home."

And then, reality falls back into place and the wheel is moving once again, carrying us back to the bottom.  The feeling of Phil's lips against mine haunts my memory. I've never had someone this close to me..I've never had anyone love me as anything more than a friend. But most importantly, I've never had someone accept me. I reach down and hold Phil's hand, leaning against him. I want to cry from all the love pulsing through me at this moment, but I focus on the heat and comfort of Phil's hand in mine. This is all I ever hope for, and more. I feel a tear stream down my face, and Phil reaches over and wipes it away. He plants a small, soft kiss on my forehead and I close my eyes and allow everything to fall into perfect place.