005

"Yeshsche raz"

Again.

The blonde woman, who was sparring with the Winter Soldier, rose to her feet before both soldiers began to fight again. The rest of the Elite, including the Winter Wraith, were watching from against the bars of the large cell. Multiple scientists and armed guards were also present inside the cell, all monitoring the fight. Karpov was stationed near the Wraith, her duty to protect him whilst the Soldier was training the newest super soldiers. While watching, her head began to pulse again. Lightly, barely noticeable. For now.

It took another two minutes -she was counting- for the Soldier to finally dispatch the woman, his metal arm ensnaring one of her wrists and kicking her legs out from under her. He then swung her, using her arm, across the cell. One scientist stepped forward and placed two fingers on her neck, taking her pulse once she obediently stood up and held still. She was then told to sit back down.

The rest of the Elite fought and were defeated in a similar manner, not familiar with their new strength and abilities due to the serum injection. Finally, Karpov allowed the Wraith to step forward. Two armed men took her place near the general.

The Winter Soldier was intimidating. He was glaring at her, as she was at him, and patiently waiting for her to make the first move. No where within him was there a man, only the efficient machine that HYDRA had created. Just as she was. She refused to attack first, clenching her fists. The headache evolved to a dull pound.

"Bor'ba"

Fight.

That spurred them both into action. He swung high, she went low. A fist caught her in the shoulder whilst she shoved her knee up, the Soldier blocking before she could connect. Her metal arm whirred as she landed a blow to his cheek, the impact causing him to step back, a stern look etched into his face. She attempted a kick to his side, following up with a jab at his face again. He caught her non-metal arm and twisted it downwards, punching her in the face with his cybernetic hand, causing her to let out a hiss. The Wraith just flipped over backwards so his arm was now the one twisted into an unnatural position, causing a grunt from him. She was incredibly agile. He threw her off. A sequence of blows were then exchanged, both super soldiers grunting and letting out small exclamations as they either landed hits or took some. Neither seemed to have the advantage just yet. It truly was amazing to watch the two fighters- the deadliest fighters- duel it out.

Yet, the Winter Soldier had the most experience -almost twelve years on her- and wasn't just recently subjected to a new dose of super-soldier serum. The Wraith was beginning to slip up, underestimating how fast she was and putting too much weight into her punches. As she was retreating from a too heavy swing -she'd misjudged the amount of force needed- the Soldier advanced and swept her legs out from under her. He immediately placed his knee on her torso, keeping her there with his weight. In a futile attempt, the Wraith managed to shove his knee away and contort her body to wrap her legs around his neck, her back and shoulder still pressing into the stone floor. He retaliated by wrapping his hand of flesh around her throat, his metal one occupied with restraining hers. Their eyes met, both filled with hate and rage. But not targeted at each other. These emotions fueled them.

Finding herself trapped, and her air beginning to dwindle, she squeezed her eyes shut. Her head was throbbing, sending spurts of pain knocking around her skull. Only later would she be able to describe the feeling that next occurred. 

Her mind flexed. Similar to a new muscle testing its strength, but having no control over it.

Vaguely, she heard the guards and scientists surrounding them stumble, exclamations of surprise and pain being heard. But her gaze was focused on the soldier. His grip on her throat hadn't relented, neither had her vice on his neck. His face was pinched. Focused. Harsh.