008

-April 2014-

The cold was slowly ebbing away, replaced with a cool tingle crawling over her skin.

The hissing of her breathing, followed by the heavy thump of her heartbeat, were the only things she could hear after becoming conscious. Her eyes groggily opened, drowsily processing the foggy glass surrounding her. Her left hand weakly lifted and brushed against the barrier, fingers leaving a watery streak before they fell back to her side. Her eyes closed again.

She didn't jump when the container gave a mighty groan, too sluggish to really do or focus on anything. A crowd of people were standing in front of her when the glass casing fully slid up. Two stepped forward, beginning to pull out the various tubings and needles inserted or plugged into either her or the machine around her.

"Quickly"

English. He spoke English, not Russian.

The previously frozen female cracked open her eyes again, ignoring the people helping her out of the cryochamber, and trying to focus on the room. It looked like a vault.

It wasn't the enormous, cold facility she had previously woken up in before. Her memory was patchy, but still present. They haven't wiped her yet. The last thing she remembers is the Winter Soldier rushing towards her before they put her back under. A brief flare of anger whisked through her. The man on her left faltered.

"The subject is beginning to fully come too. I felt it"

"Hurry"

There was no Winter Soldier to drag her for them- she briefly wondered if he was even still around- so they had to cautiously do it themselves. There weren't anymore problems as they set her up in the metal chair.

If feeling hadn't fully come back to all her limbs, it did as soon as that machine was turned back on and used to scramble her brain. Her shrieks echoed throughout the unfamiliar room. She desperately tried to hold on to her memory, but eventually she just let go. She didn't want to remember him anyway. Not after what he's done. 

Her wish was granted.

They didn't speak the words from that red book. Perhaps they didn't need too. She didn't want to fight anymore. HYDRA took care of her, they cared about her. Even if it was for the wrong reasons. 

A sharp dressed, older man walked in, and she instantly knew he was her new controller. A few more people filed in after him. The one with a slightly more tanned skin tone and short black hair put her on edge, but she kept her expression steeled.

Someone shifted behind her, she didn't care who it was, and moved her hair to the side to insert a new IV into her neck. Her eyes flicked to the side, following the plastic tube up to the bag hanging next to her. The liquid wasn't orange anymore, now a silvery clear color. The same feeling rushed through her, if a bit more powerful, but otherwise it felt similar enough.

The older gentlemen stepped in front of her, the tan skinned man behind him. A gun was at his hip and an amused glint was present in his eyes. One of the lackeys ripped the muzzle off her face.

"Who are you?"

Her answer was immediate, that piece of information was still within her grasp.