Chapter 12

Christina's POV
*************************
We walked down the corridor towards the doctors room. My hands trembled like mad, I don't know why I was more nervous than Dani! But I did know, I wanted my baby sister to be okay more then anything in the world right now. We came to a wooden door with the number 5 on it, the doctor opened it and walked in.
"Please take a seat" the doctor said pointing at 3 chair sat near a desk. Her walked round to the other side of the desk and went to his chair. Dani sat in the middle of me and Lisa.
"Okay so I believe Danielle went to have some test, yes?" He asked before turning to face his computer.
Nobody said anything
"yes quite a few" I replied as I was the oldest I felt the need to take charge again.
"Ah yes" he clicked a file within the computer. The doctor spent a few seconds reading trough the file before asking
"Danielle could you state your birth date please"
"06/15/2000"
"So your 15, is that correct?"
"Yep, nearly 16" typical Dani! I thought to myself.
The doctor let out a sigh before looking back down from the computer. However this wasn't a good sigh, this was the sigh that would Change all of our lives for ever!

The doctor swivelled away from the computer in his chair, rubbing the stubble on his face. He leaned onto the desk and continued,
"Right." He paused
"I don't think there's going to be any easier way of putting this so I'm not going to beat around the bush." My heat dropped to the floor.

"I'm sorry it's not good news." My heart broke.

"The results show that Danielle has Leukemia" my heart smashed into a million pieces.

Lisa's POV
*************************
"The results show that Danielle has Leukemia" those words trashed my heart. Dani had cancer. Everything around me stopped and for a second I thought the entire world had stopped and was listening. How is this even possible. I tried to hold back the tears that built in my eyes. I looked over to my left and saw Christina with an expressionless face and in the middle of us was Dani. A single tear rolled down her cheek. I grabbed hold of her hand and squeezed it tightly, trying to reassure her that everything would be okay. I thought that maybe if I squeezed it harder then things would be okay. How? Why Dani? Why now? Why a 15 year old girl? Why my sister? The tears finally fell.

Dani's POV
*************************
I have cancer. How can I have cancer. The word cancer made me think that it's the end. It can't be the end. Everything stopped and I suddenly couldn't concentrate on a word the doctor was saying, all I could see was a vision. A vision of an older version of myself in the garden playing with my 3 daughters and my husband their in a checkered red flannel with his dark hair messed up, sat in a wooden chair. It felt like I had just had that vision, that future ripped away from me. A single tear rolled down my cheek, I went to go wipe it away but noticed my hand was being held by Lisa.

What if I can't fight this off? I don't want to die, I'm terrified. I'm only 15. What will happen to me? What about my family? I'm so scared. I don't want to die.