Chapter One: Mornings Suck

Azlyn often wondered. What's it like to be normal? Is it better?

"Probably", She muttered to herself. Trying to clear the haziness out of her vision, she groaned, dreading school. Sure, she was intelligent and all, and had lots of friends, but controlling your shape-shifting is tougher than you'd think. After all, turning is fun. Especially turning into a lion, which is why it was Azyln favorite thing to turn into. Lions are powerful, where Azlyn...Azyln was not. Oh well. At least she was somewhat strong.

She reached upward, trying to rub the sleepiness out of her eyes. She was not a morning person. She slung her legs over the rim of her bed, and slowly stood up. She blinked a few times, trying to steady herself. She reached out, grabbing her glasses off of the nightstand, hitting the fan, and knocking the lamp off as well. What a klutz. She slipped on her blue and black rimmed glasses, the ones perfectly fitting her style. Walking to the closet, she yanked it open, for it always got stuck. Being a not very organized person, all the clothes were in a pile. And not one of those "It may be messy, but I can navigate well". No, it was a "Where did that shirt come from?" pile. She reached forward, grabbing a blue camouflage t-shirt, her favorite. She still remembered her first animal change. A cat. A smoky gray cat with a faded black stripe down the middle of her back, and white tipped fur. Still fresh in her memory.

Slipping on the shirt, Azlyn grabbed her pants, and walked groggily down the stairs. Stumbling along the way, she managed to make it down the stairs without tripping.

Well, not completely.

Walking to the bathroom, she opened the door. Flicking on the lights, Azlyn looked at her reflection.

It was a mess.

Her black mid-length, curly and wavy hair was tangled and it hurt to run her fingers through it. Her glasses were actually dirty, and Azlyn had to douse them in water, and wipe them off before she could put them on, and wasn't blind anymore. Staring at herself again, she grabbed  brush, and violently tore through her hair until it looked slightly presentable. Then she grabbed a hairband and drew her hair back, tying it up. She never really liked it down. Taking her bangs out of her ponytail and laying them halfway across her eye, she decided to quit messing with her hair, and focus on her clothes. Slipping off her pajama pants, and putting on her new ones, Azlyn thought about today. She was worried about her enemy, Kara, who was quite close to figuring out Azlyn's secret. It didn't matter to her, because Kara was quite dumb, and probably wouldn't figure it out, but for her parents, it was a different story. They didn't trust anyone, and that's why Azlyn had moved from school to school when she was young. She had now gone to the same school for a couple of years. Azlyn hoped it would stay like that.

Walking out of the bathroom, Azlyn turned towards the cupboard, and grabbed the metal handle. Opening the cupboard, Azlyn grabbed a ceramic bowl, and set it on the wooden table. She then grabbed a fork out of the drawer, and walked to the cupboard filled with cereal. Grabbing the Krave, Azlyn sat down, and realized she had grabbed a fork instead of a spoon. The tired, teenaged girl grumbled about mornings while grabbing the correct utensil. Azlyn then started in on her breakfast.

After finishing it, she set her bowl in the sink, and grabbed her chromebook and backpack. Slipping them both over her shoulder, she pulled on her Catpuccino socks.

After that, she yanked on her gray slip-ons, and walked out the door of her house, ready to walk to another day of school