Chapter 5

I went home and kept rewinding what happened at school. I must be crazy back then, I threw my bag and suddenly Mason's jersey fell down. I grabbed it and I chuckled.

"Amanda.." Someone knocked on the door and I told whoever behind it to come in.

"Amanda." I turned to see my mom entering.

"Me and your dad are going to Japan with Mason's parents for a business trip. Pretty sudden but we're going stay there for 4 days."

"Okay. Have fun.. I mean have fun working." I winked at her.

"We want you to take care of Ashley and Michael."

"Michael? How about Mason?" I asked curiously. I don't mind taking care of Michael but where the hell is his brother.

"He have basketball practices and I was hop-"

"Mom, I have practice too!"

"Amanda.." She sighed and I looked at her disbelief.

"Seth and Sam are here, they can take care of the kids."

"Seth and Sam will come with us." I face palmed myself.

"Mom!"

"Please.. please be mature and help us okay?" She begged and I nodded.

"Thankyou, you're the best." She said as she gave me a hug.

"By the way, Mason and Michael are here. Why don't you come down and greet them?" She said and I shook my head.

"I'm tired." I said and she left me alone. I laid on my bed when someone knocked on the door again.

"Amanda." It's Mason.

"I know you're inside. If you don't answer, I'll take it as a permission." He said and I decided to pretend to sleep. He opened the door slowly and he saw me sleeping.

"What a polar bear." Excuse me.

I could feel him sitting on the edge of the bed. I felt his touch on my cheek and I can feel my heart beating so fast. Please don't betray me.

"You must be so tired huh?" He whispered and I swear I wanted to get up and tease him but my body betrayed me. He tucked me more and then he ruffled my hair. He then got up and walked out from the room.

I opened my eyes and put my hand to feel my heart beating so fast. I decided to get up and walked out pretending that the door woke me up.

"Mason!" I heard Ashley squealed and I walked ober to her room to see Mason tickling her. I leaned to the door and let out a cough.

"Look at the polar bear.." He smirked and I rolled my eyes. I can't believe he just went to my room being sweet and turned into a monster again.

"Mason!" Ashley giggled and I decided to go downstairs. I saw Michael sitting on the sofa looking sad.

"Hey little guy." I sat beside him and he turned to me.

"Amanda.." He looked at me sadly and I pinched his cheek.

"What's with the face?"

"Mason is playing with Ashley too much. She hates me."

"Come on, I'll ask her to play witj you." I grabbed his hand and led him upstairs. I walked to Ashley's room and they're playing doll now.

"Ashley, why are you playing with Mason? He's old and boring." I said and Mason glared at me.

"He's nice and I like him." Ashley said and I turned to see Michael pouting.

"How about we go buy ice cream? Michael, what do you say?" I asked and Ashley turned to me.

"Yes!" They both squealed.

"Let's go!" I said and Mason followed us. We walked our from the house. Michael and Ashley are holding hands making me smile.

"You look like an idiot for smiling like that." Mason said.

"Don't ruin my day."

"I thought today is a happy day since you kissed me." My eyes widen when he said that. I covered his mouth and the kids turned to us.

"Amanda, why are you hugging Mason?"

"No, there's something on his face." I said as I released him. Mason chuckled and gestured the kids to keep walking. We arrived at the ice cream shop and the kids are excited.

"Greentea!" Ashley said.

"Vanilla for me." Michael said and I turned to Mason.

"Chocolate." He said and I ordered 1 greentea, 1 vanilla and 2 chocolate. We got the ice cream and walked to our seats.

"You're ordering the same thing as Mason." Ashley said.

"Why?" Michael asked.

"Your sister likes me." Mason said and how I want to smack his face so bad.

"Amanda, you like Mason?"

"Yes, will that be okay?" Mason said and I looked at him like I'm going to murder him.

"No, Mason is mine."

"But I like you sister." He said and I almost choke on my ice cream.