Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Clyde’s POV

I parked my car scrappily and ran towards Gavin who was now getting looks from students who were just leaving the campus. It was already dark and he was pacing back and forth sometimes scratching his head and rubbing his neck. “Gav!” I called out to him.

He looked up and saw torment all over his face. “Calm down, tell me what happened.”

Apparently, he was to get Ivan from his lab literally as he didn’t trust the surroundings. When he came to the lab, the remaining staff told him they saw him leaving the room and didn’t come back. He even took his bag as well so they thought he already went back. And about 15 minutes later, Gavin dropped by.

“What if the stalker got him?” he asked. I stared at him. “Do you know who he is?” I replied. He thought for a moment. “I have my hunches but I can’t be sure,” he said and went back into the building where I followed him. He went further into the hallway and entered the support staff room. He stopped in front of the attendance board and looked at the pictures of the staff. He stopped suddenly and pointed at a photo of a man.

“He’s the guy,” he stated. There was no one in the room as it was after 7 and he was clearly gotten agitated. I never really saw him like this. He was always the calm and collected, even though he was not good at hiding his emotion.

“Gavin, hey, Gav, look at me,” I called out, putting my hands on his shoulders so he would face me. He looked at me with a terrified look. “Gav, take a deep breath. I don’t want you to get a panic attack on me now. Calm down, alright?” I persuaded him. He blinked as if he was released from a trance and nodded his head. “Sorry, I just…” he started. I ruffled his hair. “It’s alright. Blake’s will meet us soon so we’ll go search for him together, okay?”

He nodded. “But, I—“

“No, Gavin. It’s not your fault. Blake will not blame you.”

8888888888888888888888888888888888888

“It’s not your fault, Gavin,” Blake said after he heard his story. I smiled at Gavin. “It’s my stupid brother. So stubborn even though you told him you were going to fetch him directly at the lab instead. Serves him right,” Blake mumbled and crossed his arms across his chest. Gavin frowned at him but I knew Blake was deeply concerned.

“So, nobody saw where he went?” he asked again even though that question has been answered by Gavin just now. Gavin just shook his head.

“BLAKE~!!!” I heard someone called my boyfriend’s name. Boyfriend. That sounded lovely.

We all whipped towards the voice and saw a man running towards us. “Sorry for being late to tell you but there’s a part—why are all of you looking so gloomy and stuff…?” he said and stopped when he noticed our faces.

“Hi, Wade,” Blake started. “My brother is nowhere to be found. He was su—“

“Your brother? I think I saw him at the cafeteria. There’s a lot of people there—“ the guy named Wade said and I have never seen anyone sprinted that fast in my whole life. Gavin just took off without saying anything and left us.

“What’s his problem?” Wade turned to look at him and us again. As if he remembered something, he pointed at me. “You?” I raised my eyebrows. “You’re …Blakey, you’re friends with him?” he asked. Blake smiled sweetly. Blakey, huh? Like a cat’s name. He looked at me and turned to his friend again. “We’re dating,” he simply replied.

My heart swelled at that but this was not the time to be all lovey dovey. We need to get to Ivan if he was still there. As if Blake was reading my mind, “Wade, we have to go. You can ask me anything later,” he said and grabbed my hand. We both left the shocked Wade behind and ran towards the cafeteria.

8888888888888888888888888

Gavin’s POV

I dialed his phone again but he still wasn’t answering. At least it was on, I guess. I looked around the cafeteria and there were lots of students and staff there. I forgot there was an event that I didn’t participate in so I didn’t even know the café had opened tonight.

I walked around, phone on my ear and my eyes wildly searching for that beautiful man. I had reached the far end of café where a wall obstructed the area from the public so there was no one else there but there he was.

Ivan was sitting at one of the singles table, looking distraught and his clothes looked like he was in a fight. “IVAN!” I shouted his name and he looked up in fear at first then relief when he saw it was me. I ran towards him and he caught me off guard by wrapping his arms around my body and I let him. He was trembling.

“I tried…he tried to….but I managed to run away…” he started and it was gibberish. I pulled us towards the sofa next to the wall and when I sat down I was cradling him. This man had a mean demeanor and so full of charisma that no one would dare to even touch him. But now, I realized he was fragile and just like any other human, had emotion.

“Shh…shh…calm down, I’m here. Don’t worry, I’m here. I won’t let you go again,” I cooed at him. He looked up at me, cheeks tainted with red spots but he wasn’t crying. Thank God. I was bad at comforting crying people. “Tell me what happened, Ivan,” I said.

His arms were around my torso and his legs were sprawled across my thigh, like how someone would carry a sleeping baby. “I knew you were coming soon but I needed to go to the washroom first so I took my bag with me just in case if the rest of the staff left before I get back. After I finished, I wanted to call you that I was in the washroom just in case you already arrived. Then suddenly, someone grabbed me from behind covering my nose and mouth with a piece of clothing. I could smell the chloroform in the cloth,” he said. One of his hands was playing with the collar of my shirt. I was speechless by how childlike he was right now. Something inside of me wanted to protect him more than ever. My heart beat faster to see how long his eyelashes were.

“I pretended to be passed out from it and fell to the floor, my phone fell from my hand. Just when he tried to lift me up, I got up and kicked him in the stomach and I ran out of the washroom. But I didn’t get far. He grabbed my waist and tried to haul me back into the washroom. I elbowed him and I think that broke his nose,” he said and smiled a bit. I smiled at him too. “Then I punched him and ran here where there are lots of people. I didn’t want to go back to the lab, afraid they’ll ask questions,” he said and showed me his swollen right knuckles.

I didn’t know what came over me but I grabbed that hand and kissed it. I felt Ivan stiffened but he didn’t pull away. I kissed it one last time and I took it to his lap. “You’re strong, Ivan. I’m just glad you’re safe,” I admitted and embraced him. I heard him gasped in surprised but I didn’t budge.

Oh God, how I was glad nothing bad happened to him. Men can be raped as well. The endless possibilities made me fear for him. How I wish I could just lock him up somewhere so no one else can see this piece of beauty. I pulled away and straightened his clothes and dusted off his hair and he let me.

I had a burning feeling that he was staring at me. We both stood up and I continued to fix his looks. After I was done, I felt awkward to look into his eyes again. Tempted, yes but I wasn’t going to. At least not now. “Gavin,” he started. “Yea?” I replied quickly, not meeting his eyes.

He grabbed my chin with his fingers to turn to look at him. I obliged. His eyes were the deepest colour of green and I was absorbed in them for the longest time. “Thank you,” he said and leaned up to kiss my cheek.

My jaw dropped and I saw him carved a genuine smile. “IVAN!” I heard Blake’s voice and I quickly distanced myself. Ivan smiled shortly at me before turning around just in time as Blake’s came running and jumped at him. “You stupid idiotic brother!” he shouted.

888888888888888888888888888888888

Wow! This story passed 70 reads! I'm so proud ^_^ Please continue reading and I really hope you will enjoy it and my other stories as well! I think you may feel the story has a 'slow' story but trust me, a storm is brewing and wait for a few chapters to see! Oh right, from now on all chapters are rated R [Restriced]...just in case :)