Twirling Tattoo Ch. 6

Chapter 6

"You're saying that mer-people and dragon-men existed in your time," Finn asked me from inside the small medical room.

"Yes. Do they not exist now? They could easily hide among the humans with the powers that they have. I doubt you would even know one if you saw one," I replied and a soft ping came from his inside his pocket. He took out a rectangular object and looked briefly at the screen.

"I'm sorry but I have to take care of another patient. Do you mind?" he asked wearily and stood up.

"May I come with you?" I questioned throwing off the covers and getting out of the bed.

"It's not in my protocol...but maybe you can help out with this case," He muttered and held out a robe to me. Taking it, I wrapped it around myself before following him out into the corridor. It was cold in the silent, marble hallway but I didn't mind it. The doctor didn't appear to care much either considering that he was walking so fast.

"What's wrong with him?" I questioned finally and he glanced over at me with his brown eyes and for just a moment I thought I saw a flicker of red in them.

"He's bleeding out of every orifice and we can't stop it. Not only that but he keeps screaming for someone named Tynan," Finn answered and I stopped dead.

"Where did you find him?" I asked and he turned to look at me.

"Near you actually. Why? Is he someone you know?" he questioned and I took a deep breath.

"Unfortunately," I mumbled out and motioned for him to lead the way. We completed the journey only a few minutes later when he stopped in front of a glass door. Walking briskly inside, he went over to the patient and started talking to the nurse.

I went over to the bleeding patient and pushed his hair back. I found what I was looking for there. It was Lawrence and it seemed that he had tried to release me. His eyes opened in a silent protest as I touched his cheek until he saw me.

"You," he gasped and gripped my wrist. "My father, he's in trouble. You need to..." His sudden drifting off was because I had put a finger to his mouth and I shook my head.

"He's dead, Lawrence. You're in a time where you're father is hardly known according to this man," I told him gently and gestured at Finn.

"He's dead?" he choked and I nodded again. Bloody tears ran down his face and he heard that and then touched my forehead.

"I guess father wouldn't mind if I did this then. You only killed all those people for him after all," he sobbed and pushed his way into my consciousness. Gasping, I collapsed but he didn't remove his hand even after being pulled by Finn and the nurse. He searched throughout my entire mind for something that he didn't seem to find. Suddenly, something pushed its way into my head and I bit my tongue from crying out. The taste of iron rushed into my mouth as I felt my mind being taken over and I almost fought back. However, just as suddenly, he pulled away and I lay on the ground trying to catch my breath. I tried to push myself off the ground when I saw what he had done to me.

My tattoos swirled around on my skin in a happy dance and I started crying. I looked up into the man's face and he smiled weakly.

"I can't believe he ever took that away from you. It was the one thing that you ever had," he muttered and I took the hand he offered me. Pulling me up, I sat lightly on the bed and my markings crossed over to his skin. He grinned at the contact and played with them for a moment.

"They always fascinated me," he murmured twisting one around his forefinger.

"I know," I agreed and he put my hand to his lips.

"Do you know where we are...and how long I've been covered in blood?" He asked and looked distastefully at his body.

"You were bleeding up until a moment ago...how did it stop?"Finn asked grabbing one of his arms and examining it.

"It was her markings. It makes anyone else who owns it either crazy or makes them die from blood loss, excepting my father of course. He had permission to carry it," He nodded to me.

"Wouldn't you start bleeding right away?" I asked and he shook his head.

"No, my body built up an immune system by playing with your tattoos for so long. They liked me up until the point we got into your prison. They practically drove me over the edge to get to you in time and even then it seems I wasn't able to," he sighed and I touched his cheek.

"You did a lot more than you should have," I thanked him and he snorted.

"Right. Where are we?" he repeated, this time to Finn and the doctor stared at him for a moment before answering.

"You're in a small, secret underground hospital where we've been keeping you two under surveillance for the past two weeks. It's in the country of the United States of America," he replied and I nodded. I had no idea what this America country was or what its view on anything were but I could tell that I would probably end up serving it anyway. I seem to get around a lot in political circles that way.

"You were reluctant to see him," Finn stated later after we had left the room.

"I had hoped that he wouldn't be a fool and actually try to do something like that...but he did and I'm not sure if should be happy or angry," I smiled to myself and my tattoos started twirling around dizzily.

"Who is he?" the doctor finally said getting back to my room. I climbed back into the bed and smiled at him.

"That's what you'll have to wait to find out. I'm not done with my story," I reminded him and he rolled his eyes.

"I'm sure he wouldn't mind," he coaxed hopefully.

"But I would," I denied and he shrugged half heartedly.

"Might as well take over my job while you're at it," he muttered and I shook my head.

"If I did that then the nurses would be scared of me," I confided in him and his eyes widened.

"What do you mean by that?" He gaped and I looked down at my newly found tattoo.

"The only way to take your place in this world is to kill you. I've done it enough times to know that. Just remember that they would remember you if I did kill you," I told him.

"Are you threatening me?" he gasped and I giggled.

"Why would I do that? You got me out of my prison. An eye for an eye remember? That's how I've always lived," I chuckled and folded my hands in my lap.

"Where was I?" I mumbled to myself tracing the familiar lines across my arms. It felt really good to be able to do that again.

"The dragon joined you and your master," he probed and I nodded, remembering.