Twirling Tattoo Ch. 15

Chapter 15

I woke up to someone trying their hardest to be gentle with the wounds on my back. The smell of vanilla hit my noise and I let out a small sigh. It didn't hurt nearly as much as it did the day before so it didn't bother me. Plus knowing that my agreement with Princess Dalia was now void, I was pretty much on cloud nine. Until, I realized who might be touching me and the fact that the kitten hadn't been feed yet. I almost immediately tried to get up but Prince Lawrence pushed me back down by my shoulder.

"The kitten," I muttered and he removed his hands from my back.

"Would you like me to go get her?" He questioned and I nodded. He got up and was about to walk out before I sat up and he glowered at me.

"She needs to be fed," I replied to his glare and he put a blanket around my nude body.

"I'll take care of everything. She'll be here when I come back alright?" he said gently and I nodded confused about his kindness.

He had barely left for a minute before Linessa came charging in.

"What the hell happened?" she shouted grabbing my arms after shutting the door behind her.

"I made an agreement with the princess..." I trailed off and she gapped at me.

"You made an agreement with that witch! What part of 'stay away from her' don't you understand?" she berated me and I shook my head.

"I asked you before what you would do to protect your prince. I told you that I would do the same. That's what I did. I merely protected my prince," I replied and she sighed.

"She tried to kill your prince in a few thousand of different manners right?" she asked and I nodded confused. "She wouldn't have actually killed your prince. It's not in her nature to kill her assets." This new information hit me like a ton of bricks and I stared at her.

"So everything that I did was for nothing?" I mumbled in small voice and she touched my face gently.

"No! You just...did things that would ensure his safety. Which reminds me, I have to get back to my duty," she apologized and I nodded.

"What are you doing?" I questioned and she winced.

"I'm protecting your prince while you're not able to. I'm sure you'd go straight into action if my prince was attacked so just think of it as switching princes for a couple of days," she smiled and rushed off to her duty. I glanced stared at the place she had been and wondered mildly where she was going. I suppose it wasn't really my duty anymore to guess, I was to look after Prince Lawrence and she was to look after Aiden. Simple as that.

Lawrence came in a few minutes later carrying my kitten and a small saucer of milk. I took the kitten from him gently and kissed her forehead happily.

"How are you my kitty? Did anyone mean hurt you again?" I asked her and the kitten just mewed and rushed to her bowl.

"Thank you for this. I know you're not obliged to do any of this," I thanked him and he grinned at me.

"Anything to help a damsel in distress," he winked and I rolled my eyes.

"I don't make it a habit of being that damsel," I retorted and he sat down next to me on the bed.

"I know and that's what makes this all the better chance for me," he acknowledged and I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Chance for what? Getting me in bed?" I asked and he grimaced at the term.

"Not so much but rather seeking out the enemy to become my friend," he laid it on thick with that one.

"Right. I trust you about as much as I trust the sadistic princess," I snorted and he put on a hurt look.

"I've done nothing to deserve that!" he exclaimed and I smirked.

"Didn't you? I've heard all about your reputation from a little birdie and she says you enjoy sleeping around," badgered him and he crossed his arms.

"A man has his needs," he protested and I burst out laughing.

"Needs? A Selenium doesn't go by needs, we go by emotions and dances. We have a dance for everything," I chuckled and he looked at me confused.

"Why doesn't Linessa know this?" He questioned and I looked at him.

"She does. She knows it deep down like all of us. She just hasn't has the chance to experience that feeling of knowing everything there is to know about her heritage," I responded and he frowned.

"What do you mean by that?" he asked and I smiled wistfully at him.

"Have you ever gotten knowledge suddenly and it was so huge that you weren't able to handle it all at once?" I said and he slowly nodded.

"It happened when they said that my sister was going to marry your prince. I felt sorry for the poor bas...ah, guy," he corrected himself at my high eyebrows.

"Put that feeling and add it to infinity and you'll get how I feel," I informed him and he looked at me thoughtfully.

"Are you hungry?" He questioned and I smiled.

"Yes. Getting tortured and then sleeping it off does make a woman's stomach growl," I agreed and started to get off the bed.

"Woah! Where do you think you're going?" he stopped me and pulled the blanket around me again.

"I'm not a cripple and if that princess thinks she can break me with a single threat to my body, she's in for a surprise. I'm not going to stay in here because some royalty whipped me," I shoved it off again and started looking through his drawers.

"Damn stubborn women," he muttered and I pulled one of his shirts on and I turned to face him.

"I may be damned and I may be stubborn but I take pride in being a woman thank you very much," I proclaimed and he shook his head.

"What did I get myself into?" he muttered and I laughed.

"I was so angry at Dalia for what she did to you," Lawrence muttered and I turned to him.

"You never did stop apologizing for it either," I recalled and he shrugged.

"If I had gotten there sooner, she wouldn't have whipped you. I just blame myself for that," he murmured and kissed my hand again.

"Oh please, you tried to get me into bed with you as you tried to heal me!"

"It was a reaction!" He protested.

"What happened next?" the doctor interrupted and I sighed, starting to begin again.

Author's note: Thanks for the support! Don't forget t vote and comment!