Chapter 1: Battle Brings Wounds

Lost. Frantic. Paranoid. Those are all words that could describe me, Sky right now.

      Since you're going to be spending a while with me, I may as well tell you a bit about myself. My name is Skyla Reinee Grace. Most people just sell me Sky though. I am 15 years old and the daughter of Ruby Grace. I've never met my dad before. Heck, I don't even know anything about him. Whenever I ask mom or Anton, my brother about him, they go super emotional. I think something happened to him right before I was born or something. I also have an aunt named Impa who I don't get to see very often because she is the nursemaid of Princess Zelda of Hyrule. I've been to the castle a couple of times, and have become good friends with the princess. Now I was living a normal, happy life until Monday. That's when my horrific week started.

     Monday was just another normal day. Until...it happened. The day was peaceful, but too peaceful, like right before a storm. There was a knock at our door. Mom told us to go to the cellar. I was reluctant, but eventually I agreed. I went down with my 18 year old brother Anton. I heard the front door crash open. I covered my ears, but I could still hear a huge commotion from upstairs. Eventually, the noise died down and I heard the door slam. I uncovered my ears. Anton motioned for me to follow him. We climbed up the ladder to find a horrifying sight. Our mother lay motionless in a puddle of her own blood. I almost screamed. Tears streamed down my face as I went to pack up. Anton and I had discussed this. If both our parents weren't with us, we'd run away. So that's what we did and now I'm here. But Anton was confronting a monster earlier, and told me to run. So that's what I did. And now, I'm here all alone, walking through Faron woods.

     I dive behind a rock because I just heard a twig snap. But then I saw a broken stick where I was just standing and realized it was me who had broken the stick. I wiped my sweaty forehead off before continuing. I walked for another 10 minutes or so when I heard footsteps that were definitely not my own. Behind me was a hideous red humanoid creature. It's face was a mix between the face of an old man, a bulldog, and a hog, and it had horns. On its side was a stony looking cone that he took and blew into, emitting a low pitched note. All of a sudden, the creatures were surrounding me. One hit me in the back with its club, and I crumpled and cried out in pain. And then I saw it. Two figures, one with gold hair and the other with black hair leaped into the action. They sliced the monsters dead one by one, getting rid of them. Another one hit me with its club. I winced, and the last thing I saw were green eyes, before passing out.

A/N: Well, did you like my first chapter? Was it good? I promise I will continue this book, unlike my last ones. Deep apologies for never finishing those ones. I'll try to write more often for you guys. Anyways, it's 11 pm so I better go. Bye guys!