2.0

"i want you to live happily, so now. g-give me your hand,"

the shiny silver key, that was what you had handed me with -- and indeed, it has led me to some of the greatest secrets you had initially planned to hide away from me.

---

i gazed at the building right in front of me. i didn't expect myself to return here again but standing before the campus, i studied both keys in my hands. shockingly to say, the key you had given me had looked quite the same as the one i used back in school for my locker and wanting to give it a try here, i mustered up my courage and stepped into the school premises.

"oh, sunbae,"
"hey! where's that smart ass playboy looking boyfriend of yours? he ain't here with you today?"

a few juniors greeted me as i entered but smiling back weakly, i slid past them as quick as possible before finally, reaching the lockers. scanning the number which was written on your key, i eventually found its location.

with trembling hands, i inserted the key into the lock and when it 'clicked', my heart sank. for when i drew it open right after, a clear imprint of your name, kim seokjin could be seen written right at the side of it. shutting my eyes to recompose myself, i reopened them shortly after and my arm slowly reached out to pick up some of the books which were present in it.

much to my amazement, those were mainly reference books for law and seeing your name on all of them, that was when everything then started to click.

you were a law student in the first place. you were even my senpai.

i managed to find and flipped to read some parts of the old school magazines which you have cut out for yourself and in them, it mostly described the successful school cases which you have handled during your stay here. i was appalled by your abilities but as i almost reached the end of it, it was then some things started to surface. i finally got to realise the disgusting encounter you've had which made you plunged to the very bottom of your youth days and probably, contributed to who you are today.

law student, kim seokjin 18, charged guilty of rape.

the large, black, solid print read and from which, i found out that you were striped off from the course and expelled from school after this accusation. it seemed like no one was able to defend you at that point in time and reading on, it was also soon after that i concluded that it was indeed authority over autonomy.

the victim was the director's daughter whom you have rejected her confession to you days before the incident. wtf.

i clenched my fist and punched it into the locker at the side. i was infuriated by how unfairly you were treated but as i flipped on the pages to the next, an envelope that was stuck in between one of them fell onto the ground suddenly.

bending down, i picked it up swiftly. as my eyes  soon came into view with the words which were written on it, it was only then did i realise that that was meant for me. my hands turned sweaty at that thought and tearing it open, the contents revealed to be yet another key coupled with an address. and in no time, i moved on to our next destination.

the car halted in front of a beautiful mansion. as soon as i stepped out and saw the sign which was hanging right next to the mailbox, i broke down into tears. for

home sweet home for wendy & jin <3

that was what your penmanship had read.

but in truth, that key was just an excuse

but in truth, that key was just an excuse. because for the main key to my happiness, it was just you all along,
kim seokjin.

-the end-

---

i know it sucked 'cos i somehow rushed everything & finished this within a day. but still, thanks a lot to all who have taken the time to read this but i sure hope that this story does make some sense to you. idk? does it? :")