Chapter 33

The water is rising, and Ezhno refuses to move.

"Please boy, please. We have to get to higher ground!" I almost shout, fear dripping in my voice.

His nostrils flare, and he takes off full speed- but in the wrong direction. He's just running towards a creek- which is one of the worst places we could be.

Carter's POV

I tack up Chester in a western saddle and a bridle as fast as I possibly can. The rain is coming down hard now, and I know Taylor is in serious danger.

I urge him towards the forest, which is where I'm assuming Taylor took off towards.

Water pools around Chester's hooves, and then his knees. My house is on high ground, which means it must be like five times worse wherever Taylor is.

The water doesn't phase Chester- he's a strong swimmer and he loves to get wet.

I've got to find her. If anything happens to her- I can't think about that.

Taylor's POV

"Ezhno, turn around," I cry out. He is too stunned by the water to do anything.

I dismount, and grab his halter, trying to lead him in the right direction. The water is almost at my waist now, and just walking is difficult, especially with the water rushing downhill, fast and unforgiving.

And I slip. One second, I'm clinging to Ezhno's halter, the next, I'm underwater, being pulled towards the creek bed.

I try to pull up, but the waters to strong, and soon, everything turns black.

A/N cliffhanger. But I'll update soon =] have a good day =]