Chapter 2

"That was awesome," I exclaimed. "you can say that again," Austin shouted from in front of me. "what time is it," I asked when we got to our towels. "it's 4:00 and the party starts at 6:00 so wanna grab some lunch," he asked. "sure," I said smiling. "Okay," he said also smiling. we took our wet suites of and put them in the trunk and then put our boards of the top of the car. "ready," he asked. I just nodded and we got into the car and left. "hey Anna were here," he said. "okay coming," I said smiling. We went inside and waited for the lady to come and show us to our seats. "hello," she said. she was petite with blonde hair and brown eyes. "hi," Austin said. "hi many today," she asked. "2 but Maybe 3," he said. she nodded and grabbed three menus and three utensils. "follow me," she said. we followed her to a booth. we sat down and ordered our drinks. "okay, one ice lemonade and one Pepsi," she said as she set them down. "are you ready to order," she asked. "yes, ill have a burger with tomatoes, lettuce, and no bread," Austin said. "okay and for you," she asked me. "ill have a cheese casadilla with chicken and sour cream on the side," I said as she jotted it down. "okay," she said smiling. "so who else is coming," I asked. "my girlfriend," he said looking down. "um okay that's fine I guess," I said taking a sip of my lemonade. "thanks for not freaking out," he said giving me a half smile. "its fi-," I was cut off by a girl squealing Austin's name. I just rolled my eyes and put on a fake smile. "she stopped smiling as soon as she saw me. "ugh what's SHE doing here," she said in disgust. "we were hungry and she had no plans so we came here," he explained. "ugh fine," she said rolling her eyes. "just scoot over," she scolded him. he scooted over and she sat down. "Okay here is the burger and the quisidilla with sour cream," she said smiling. "thank you," I said smiling back. "okay and what would you like miss," the waitress said to Claudia. "ill have a water and a steak with mashed potatoes, vegtibales, fruit , and corn," Claudia said putting on a fake smile. "okay coming right up," she said. "hey my grandma just texted me she said she needs me back at 6:00 and its 5:49," I said. "okay after we're done eating Ill pay the check an take you home," he said. "thanks," I said. "what about me," Claudia said. "oh um your gonna have to pay for yourself cause I'm not gonna be here when your done," he said. "omg I hate you," she said. "why," he said about to shout. "because you pay for Her dinner but not for MINE," she screamed. "I don't see what's so bad about that," he said trying no to shout still. "I'm your girlfriend and she is just a girl who is ugly, fat, and blah," she shouted. "okay I'm gonna go," I said. I left $5 dollars on the table and got up and started walking. I was out of the doors and since I had no idea were to go I pulled my phone out and looked at the map it was a 30 minute walk but it was better than being with Claudia. I was half way to my grandmas house when I remembered that I left my surfboard on top of Austin's car. Oh we'll Ill get it tonight. I had stopped walking because I was out of energy but as I started walking again I saw a jeep behind me. as it got closer I saw my board on top of it so I stopped and waited for him to slow down and as expected he did. "Hey need a ride," he asked he looked as if he was crying. "sure I guess," I said looking down and kicking a rock. "Hop in," he said trying to look a bit happy. I Got in and we drove off. "hey what's wrong," I asked. "its nothing," he said. "really come on, tell me," I said trying to get him to tell me. "fine, Claudia broke up with me. she said if I don't start treating her like a person then she would break up with me. I told her I was and she didn't take that as an answer," he said pulling over to talk to me. "I'm so sorry this is all my fault," I said looking down at my feet. "hey it's not your fault actually I have had a feeling she was cheating on me any way," he said. "no it is my fault because I was the one who got in between you to," I said on the verge of crying. He just lifted my chin so I was looking at him and in the five seconds I was looking at him our faces got closer and then we started kissing. I didn't last long because he pulled away. "I'm sorry I shouldn't have done that," he stammpered. "No it's fine I get it," I said. "get what?" he asked. "Nothing it's stupid. can we go I have to get home?" I asked. "Yeah sure," he said putting the car into drive and pulling back on the road. The rest of the drive was silent. "Were uh here," he said. "thanks," I said climbing out and grabbing my board. "Yeah anytime," he said getting out and taking his board of and going to his garage. as I got into the house I was hit by the air conditioning. "grandma I'm home," I called. "in here," she called. "what are you doing?" I asked. "Making cookies," she replied. "yum! so grandma can I talk to you?" I asked. "Yeah sure," she said back. "okay so Austin and his girlfriend broke up because of me and then I left and walked back but then Austin came and picked me up half way. and then he may have kissed me." I said trying to get my words straight. "its seems that you two are in love am I right or am I wrong?" she asked. "I mean I like him but I don't know if he likes me," I explained. "we'll were about to find out," she said excitably.