Tomorrow's Surprise

After Eren stopped laughing like a child they decided to go upstairs for a nice shower after the long day they've had. They walked into the bathroom and Levi turned on the water. He adjusted the temperature and then slid down his pants. Eren followed his lead and they both stepped into the nice hot shower. Eren wrapped his arms around Levi's waist from behind as he started trailing kisses down Levi's neck. Levi tilted his head giving Eren more access to his neck. Eren pushed Levi against the cold tile wall of the shower. Levi felt a shiver go down his body as his chest was pushed against the tiles.

"I love you." Eren whispered in Levi's ear before backing up letting him turn around. Levi faced him and threw his arms behind Eren's neck and hugged him close. "I love you too." Levi whispered back, barely audible due to the shower. "I thought once Erwin knew I would lose, I was so scared." Levi said his voice lowering to a shaky whisper towards the end. Eren hugged him close, "Well I'm not going anywhere. You're stuck with me."Eren said giving Levi a soft smile. Levi smiled back and pulled away from the hug. "Let's not take forever in here. I'm hungry." Levi said grabbing the body wash.

They finished cleaning their bodies and washing their hair. Levi stepped out first and Eren followed. They put on some pajama pants before heading downstairs. Once they made their way down the stairs Levi walked into the kitchen as Eren sat on the couch. Levi cooked a simple meal for the two to enjoy. Once he finished cooking he joined Eren on the couch with a plate of food for each of them. They had decided to continue watching death note since Levi was bugging Eren asking him to tell him what happened next. Eren turned on the television and scooted closer to Levi.

Erwin walked through his front door throwing his keys on the table and taking off his coat. He plopped down on his couch and turned on the television, not to watch but more for background noise as he sorted his thoughts. 'Levi's been through hell and back. I know that, but what about Eren? That kid has some serious issues, whether it be anger, anxiety, or showing up with random injuries. I have to get to the bottom of these issues. I can't just stand by and watch one of my student's suffering. Especially now that I know he's been cutting himself, and what were those other marks on his body? Burn marks? I don't know what he's going through but I want to put a stop to it.' Erwin thought as he remembered Eren trying to hide his arms and stay behind the wall in the shadows of the doorway. "I'll get to the bottom of this sooner or later and put a stop to whatever is causing him so much pain." Erwin whispered to himself leaning back against the couch cushions.

They finished dinner and three more episodes of death note along with it. "This is getting interesting." Levi said before Eren paused the television. "Hey, why'd you pause it?" Levi questioned pouting a little. "You said that we should only watch three episodes, that we needed to get to bed early to get a jump on tomorrow since you have some surprise planned." Eren said reminding Levi. "Well what time is it?" Levi asked looking at the boy. "It's already nine o' three." Eren replied looking at the clock on the wall behind the couch. "Dang you're right we need to start heading to bed, we need to at least be asleep by ten, and I know both of us have trouble sleeping." Levi said sighing. "I'll clean up then join you up stairs okay." Levi said grabbing the empty plates and standing up.

Eren had started to slowly walk up the stairs taking it easy. His ankle was still injured but he tried to hide it from Levi as much as possible. He didn't want to burden him with the issue, but every time he walked on it it felt like a knife going threw his ankle. He limped up the stairs and brushed his teeth before climbing into bed. Levi washed the few dishes that were in the sink before heading up the stairs. He brushed his teeth before going to join Eren in their bedroom. He found Eren already in bed curled up in a ball. He slid in bed next to him and wrapped his arms around the boy gently tangling their legs together. Eren laid his head on Levi's chest feeling safe and protected as Levi's arms were holding him close. Though it took them a while to fall asleep they felt at peace in each other's arms. Each of them whispering out an I love you before their eyes grew heavy and eventually closed in a peaceful slumber.