Explaining

Mikasa quickly showered and changed and met Levi down stairs. He looked up from the floor and saw her emerge from the doorway.

As she stood in the doorway she eyed the stuffed animal but said nothing about it. She walked into the room and stopped next to the couch as Levi began to stand up. He put the stuffed animal in his bag that he was taking to the hospital.

"You ready?" He asked standing up. She nodded and they began to head back to the hospital.

Jean sat in his room in a dreading screaming silence waiting for a phone call. Whether it was Marco to say school just got out and he was on his way, or if it was Mikasa updating him on Eren's condition.

He heard the phone and didn't give it time to finish the first ring before he had sprung up to answer it. "Hello?" He asked before he checked the name. "Hey I'm heading there right now." Jean heard Marco's voice say. "Okay. See you then." Jean said before hanging up a bit disappointed it wasn't an update about Eren's condition, yet he was still happy to hear from his lover.

It didn't take Marco long to make it to Jean's house. He was let in by Jean's mother who greeted him politely before returning to her book. He quickly made it up the stairs to Jean's room. He lightly knocked on the door before hearing a muffled "come in." When he entered he saw Jean sitting up against the wall with his head down. His shoulders were shaking up and down and his body was trembling as the long silence had got to him.

"Jean what's wrong? Why are you crying?" Marco said in a panic running over to his boyfriend's side and kneeling down next to him.

Jean didn't answer but instead threw his arms around his lover. He just held on to him shaking as a very confused Marco comforted him. "He-he-." Jean said choking on his own jagged breath. He cried into his lover's arms for a while attempting to calm down.

The room had an eerie sadness to it. Marco didn't know what had happened to make Jean so upset but he knew that whatever it was it wasn't good. He held him close rubbing his back. "Shhh, It's okay." Marco whispered softly, "Breath."

Jean nodded and took a deep breath and then another and then another, until he managed to calm down. He had stopped crying, but stayed in his lover's arms with his face tucked into his chest. His body still slightly trembling. "Sorry." He whispered.

"No need to apologize, I just want to know what has you so upset." Marco said running his fingers through his hair. "Maybe I can fix it?" He said trying to be nice.

"No," Jean said with a sad sigh. "This is something that no one can fix." Jean said biting his lip to stop it from quivering. "Eren is, well he's in a coma." Jean said in a hushed tone. "There's a chance he might not wake up." Jean said before burying his face back into his lover's chest for comfort.

Marco couldn't believe what he was hearing. There was no way that Eren could be in a coma. Marco stayed quiet as he let the news sink in. He took some deep breaths when he felt tears sting his eyes. "How?" He whispered as Jean just shook his head dreading the news he will be baring.

They made it back to the hospital with fresh change of clothes. Levi had brought his laptop with him so he could try and finish his work so he wouldn't have to leave Eren's side to do so. The longer he could stay by his lover's side the better.

Mikasa sat down next to Eren's bed. She held his hand and laid her head down on the bed. She could hardly keep her eyes open but her brain was refusing to let her sleep.

Levi looked up after pulling up his laptop to see her fighting her own mind, and she seemed to be losing. He grabbed a pair of headphones that he kept in his computer bag and plugged it into his phone. He chose a song and handed it to her. She gave him a weird look at first but he insisted. "It will help you get some sleep." He shrugged before sitting back down.