34. Prepare and Despair

"You're burning me!"

"Shush!"

"Kat!"

She huffs in frustration and pulls the straightener away from my face. I'm positive there's going to be a welt there tomorrow. But tomorrow doesn't matter because what matters is tonight.

What about last night?

Shut up, inner Tori, I don't need to think about that right now.

On another note, do you understand just how weird it is to get ready for your date with your best friend's brother with your best friend?

According to Katherine, it's not that weird.

"I'm so excited!" She squeals and I'm tempted to squeal along with her because she just burned my scalp again. "You two are going to be so cute!"

Swallow the dread, Tori, swallow the dread. Suck it up for Katherine.

I roll my eyes at her. "You know, you shouldn't be this excited."

"What!" Her hazel eyes turn into saucers. "Of course I should! You have to tell me every detail and..." She takes a second to think about it, mouth still mid-sentence. "Actually, no. You're dating my brother. Don't."

She shudders and I giggle. She needs a shrink... or some medication for all these mood swings.

"I am not dating him," I confirm more for myself than for her, "I am going on a date with him. Very different concepts."

"Well, call me a psychic!"

I groan and try to ease my guilt. I really hope that Dylan hasn't got the same mindset, because I really don't want to date him exclusively. Not right now, anyway. Do I?

What am I saying? Of course I do. Dylan Anderson is my perfect boy and everything about him is a dream come true. Even him being my best friend's brother is perfect, because I can easily spend loads of time with both of them.

Okay, that may be Katherine talking in my ear right now, but still. It is true... I guess...

"He's planning on buying you flowers!" She boasts whilst attempting to apply my blush. Okay, so we have the same issue as the football game. Not exactly the same issue, but similar.

She's making me wear a dress. And, even worse – makeup. My skin doesn't react badly to makeup. I tend to sweat it off.

And I mean loads of makeup. I don't care if it's a little blush or eyeliner or whatever, but Katherine has made sure that my pores won't see the light of day until my grandchildren do. And I think she's kind of betting on those being her grand-nephews.

"And how do you know this?"

God, I really hope he doesn't buy me flowers. It would be so awkward and where would I put them and will he get offended if I don't literally rip open my heart and stuff them inside? I mean, it's okay if we're not going anywhere, but if we're on the move? I don't want to be carting around a bouquet of daisies to the movies.

My, I sound ungrateful. I don't mean to be, but... do you understand?

"I heard him talking to someone about it." She replies flatly. I grin and she cringes because I've probably messed up my 'flawless' look. I don't care.

"Who?" I sing in a childish voice. What can I say? I'm mature.

It looks like the entire container of rouge has exploded onto her fair cheeks. "Was it," Pause for further reddening, "Stanley."

"Done!" She shouts in my face and I laugh. She's got it so bad. I wish she would just make a move on the guy to put me out of my misery. I've got enough boy trouble without worrying about her.

It's quarter to eight. Fifteen minutes until Dylan is here at my doorstep, ringing my doorbell.

You have no idea what I had to do to be let out of my 'grounded' cage in one day. Well, I guess I'm not really let out as much as on a leash. As luck would have it, Ashley is a very busy woman. And, I made a deal with Alex to keep his mouth shut.

It's not a fair deal, but I'll take it.

I have to clean his room every Sunday for the next month. The next month. Because Ashley basically threatens his life every time she finds a filthy sock on his doormat, I am to ensure that it stays spic and span for the next thirty days.

Doesn't sound that bad?

You haven't seen the half eaten pizzas from last year in Alex's room. And you sure as hell haven't seen his pile of 'lucky' gym socks. I really don't understand why he needs luck at the gym. What, is he magically going to win the jackpot of babes and ride the rainbow into fad dieting advertisements?

"You're gorgeous." She gloats in my ear, holding a mirror to my face. Instantly, I know that it's too much. My eyebrows represent something like hawks and there are wings on my eyes. I look like Adele (on stage, mid concert) in terms of contouring. In other words, I have enough makeup caked on to do a dramatic performance thirty yards from my audience and still parade around my eyebrows.

Also, Kat has forced me into one of her dresses (which is a little tight and extremely short on me). My legs look three meters long. It's navy blue with a cut out above my waist. Let's just say I am very uncomfortable baring so much skin on a first date. I wonder what Dylan will think.

Ding

Dong

I guess it's time to go find out.

*****************************************

The preparation for the Dylan date! How do you think it will go??? I'm excited.

I'm planning on writing the date chapter tomorrow, but my apologies if I don't get around to it. I have so much study that I've been putting off all weekend.

Thank you all for reading, and don't forget to vote/comment/follow/share <3