i remember when you told me who you liked.

i remember feeling confident that it was me. we had known each other since we were practically fetuses, and that's how all the korean dramas go-- the childhood friends eventually fall in love with each other.

...right?

nope. instead of me, it was the new girl who transferred into our class during our first year of high school.

you went on and on about how pretty she looked when she smiled, and how her eye color sparkled when you looked closely into them.

i remember thinking that my eyes were the same color.

then you asked me for advice on how to tell her your feelings.

it really hurt me, you know. i'd hadn't come to terms with my feelings about you yet, but i knew that i liked you as more than a childhood friend.

but, either way, i was still the childhood friend.

and that's what i would always be in your eyes.

so i supported you, like a friend would, and told you to just tell her straight up, and hope for the best.

i remember telling you that as long as you were honest, everything would be fine.

the irony of it was that i wasn't being honest myself. it was honestly killing me more and more with every minute the conversation continued.

with a giant smile plastered on that attractive face of yours, you gave me a friendly hug, thanked me, and went to do your business with a newfound air of confidence.

little did i know that would be one of the last hugs you'd ever give me.