아홉

i remember when i wrote my five hundredth letter.

was that considered an accomplishment? i'm not sure.

a year and four months had passed, and i had written a letter to you each and everyday, whether it be a short 'it rained and i forgot my umbrella,' or a really long winded letter about how much i really wanted to see your face again.

i promised myself to keep this up. it was my only form of "contact" with you-- if you would even categorize it as such.

but one day, i didn't write one.

it's not that i forgot, but more like i didn't want to. i wasn't in the mood to write you a letter.

then i didn't write one the next day, or the day after that, or the day after that, and eventually i stopped writing them all together. they were just stored in a box underneath my bed, and they were gonna stay there for who knows how long.

i was too preoccupied with college exams, and i chose to focus all my attention on getting good grades and having a good future.

so, jungkook, if you ever read any of my letters in the future, just know that i wasted so much of my time on them-- time i could've spent living in the moment rather than being stuck in the past.

⊲⊳

a/n: you're at the end of your sophomore year of college in this chapter, if any of you were confused.