스물 둘 EPILOGUE

i remember having the time of my life with you.

it was all thanks to you. you brought me presents every once in a while, and brought me on dates very often. you comforted me when i was sad, and made me laugh again when i cried.

but in the back of the mind, i knew that our feelings for each other weren't the same.

you wanted to fall in love with me, so you asked me to be your girlfriend. my friends in college thought that you were using me, and for a while i believed them. but i've established so much trust and love in you that i changed my mentality to view our relationship as a good thing. i was an idiot for even doubting it.

but for the six months we have been in a relationship, you have never once told me you loved me.

even when we texted late into night, i would always tell you i loved you, but you would reply with a "goodnight, sleep tight."

i would be lying if i said i wasn't disappointed, but i always reminded myself that this relationship was a journey to make you say that you loved me.

but, boy was it wearing on my self esteem.

was i not good enough for you to fall in love with me? it has been almost half a year already. did i not have the qualities you wanted in a girlfriend? was i a bad girlfriend?

"hey, you okay?" you asked, gripping my hand a little tighter as you drove us to the restaurant for our seven month anniversary.

"oh, yeah." i smiled, reassuring you. "just really hungry." i jokingly rubbed my stomach to show how hungry i was.

"well, wait a little more. we're almost there." you laughed.

i was hit with a delicious scent as soon as we walked into the restaurant.

"reservation for jeon," you said. the waitress escorted us to our table.

"i didn't know you made a reservation," i said, setting the napkin over my lap.

"today's a special day. of course i have to make one." you smiled.

after our delicious meal, we drive back to your place and watched some movies while we cuddled on your couch.

"hey," you said, twirling my hair in your fingers.

"hm?" i yawned, about to fall asleep on your chest. you sensed that and pulled me closer to you as you got into a more comfortable position for me.

"it's only the second movie. how are you so tired already?" you laughed.

i shrugged and laughed. "i don't know." i looked into your eyes and smiled. "i had a great time today."

you smiled. "me too." you kissed the tip of my nose. "happy seven months."

"happy seven months." i said back, quickly pecking you on the lips before situating myself to fall asleep.

"you wanna know something?" you asked. i moved my head against your chest to let you know that i was listening. i was too sleepy to respond.

i felt you nuzzle your nose into my hair.

"i love you so much." you said as you kissed the crown of my head.

my eyes automatically opened as i looked at you again. "really?" i felt tears brimming in my eyes.

"yeah." you said. "why are you so surprised?"

"because..." i trailed off. i suddenly felt like an idiot.

you treated me like a princess and showered me with more love than i could ever shower you with. you constantly comforted me in times of need and dropped everything to be with me. you put in so much thought and effort into special events like our anniversary and my birthday. you knew me better than i knew myself.

you didn't even have to tell me you loved me with words. i should've already sensed it through your actions.

"because I love you too." i smiled, planting a long kiss on your lips.

god, jeon jungkook. what are you doing to me?
.
.
.
i remembered the first time you told me you loved me.

a/n: thanks for reading! i have a lot of other jungkook fanfictions you guys can check out (and a jimin one for you chimchim lovers -wink-). i also have a BTS imagines fanfiction where you can request scenarios with a BTS member!

i love all of you <3 thanks for reading!