Your Invited

Nick's P.O.V.

I've been thinking lately. Judy has introduced me to her parents before but, she's never met my parents, well in this case, my Mom. My Dad passed away when I was about 10. 'Gosh, how do I go about asking her? Wait, why am I so nervous? Come on, Wilde! Get a grip, we've been dating for almost over a year now.' I thought to myself. It's been awhile since I've talked to my Mom, I kinda feel bad for not staying in touch with her, it's probably because when I was hustling, I was worried about her safety. And I guess I forgot to keep in touch, even after becoming an Officer. I decided to give my Mom a call. I lazily got out of bed and waltz towards the outlet in the small kitchen. There, my phone was plugged in, now fully charged. I unhooked the cord from the phone and clicked the home screen, I tapped on the contacts app and scrolled down to the 'M's names, there was my Mom's name. I hesitated, a sighed softly, and proceeded to go through with it. The phone rang a few times, with each ring, I grew more nervous and anxious on what to say to her. After awhile, the phone was answered. "Hello? Nicholas, is that you sweetie?" My Mom asked with joy in her voice, I exhaled with relief, glad that she wasn't mad. "Yeah Mom, it's me. Hi!" I answered back cheerfully. I heard a bit of crying and immediately grew worried. "Mom? Are you okay?" I asked, my eyes became scrunched with concern. "Oh yes, I'm just so glad to her my little boy's voice again." She said joyously. I smiled warmly, happy that she was glad to hear from me. I'll admit that I was just as glad to hear her voice. "Hey Mom, I was wondering if I could visit tomorrow, and bring my girlfriend over, I want you to meet her." I said nervously. "Of course sweetie! What's her name?" She asked excitedly. "Her name's Judy Hopps, Mom." I said with a smile on my face. "Wait, the Judy Hopps? The face face of the ZPD? That's wonderful, Nicholas!" She beamed. At least she didn't mind that she was a bunny and not a fox. "So when I see you tomorrow, I have some exciting news to tell you!" I said happily. "Oh I can't wait sweetie, and to meet your girl. I'll see you tomorrow. Bye!" She said lovingly, I said goodbye and hung up. I was happy, a smile on my face, a true smile, not a smirk but a warm smile. I raced over to Judy's apartment and knocked on her door. "One moment, please!" I heard Judy holler behind the door. Seconds later I heard paw steps coming towards the door, "Who is it?" Judy asked. I chuckled, "Well who do you think, Carrots?" I teased her, slouching while my paws rested in my pockets. Judy opened the door and sprang forward, startling me and hugged me tight. "Woah there!" I said hugging back. "Hey Nick, what's up?" She asked as she let go of me. "I got something big to ask of you, Judy." I said seriously. She looked at me concerned, whenever I call her by her name, she knows I'm serious. "Would you like to meet my Mom?" I blurted without hesitation. Judy looked at me, her mouth open a tiny bit and eyes blank, as if she was still processing what I had just said. "Oh my gosh, Yes!! When?!" She blurted without warning, causing me to jump a little. Judy giggled at me. I composed myself, and fixed my fur. "Tomorrow." I said calmly. Judy sprang up in down and grabbed my paws and jumped up and down, still holding my paws. She was pretty darn excited, squealing with joy. "HEY!! SHUT UP OVER THERE!!!" One of the neighbors said. "HEY, LEAVE THE RABBIT ALONE, CAN'T YOU HEAR THAT SHE'S GONNA MEET HER BOYFRIEND'S MOM?!" The other neighbor yelled. "SHUT UP!!" The other said, "NO, YOU SHUT UP!!" The other screamed, they continued yelling at each other, while me and Judy just stood there and rolled our eyes.