Miss You

Author's Note: So before you begin reading, you must know the following. I like to think that Nick's dad is named John Wilde and is a famous singer with the voice of Phil Collins. Now I hope I do a great job in hitting you in the feels, don't listen to the music until I say so.

General P.O.V.

Nick and Judy followed Mrs. Wilde into her beautiful home. 

"So Mom, where's Dad? I didn't have his number, so I couldn't call him." 

Nick asked calmly, looking at the old family photos on the wall. Mrs. Wilde's ears drooped, his expression saddened. Nick furrowed his eyebrows in confusion then looked down at Judy with concern. Judy returned this look and the two looked back at the frail fox.

"Nicholas, I'm afraid, John. Has passed away."  she said, tears forming beneath her eyes. Nick stared, eyes wide with disbelief. 

"Wha what?" he whispered softly. Judy grasped his paw and looked at him with sorrow. 

"Nick? Are you going to be alright?" Judy asked, her eyes filled with concern.

"Nicholas, your father's last wish was to watch this video he made when you were barely a year old." Mrs. Wilde said softly as she held a CD in her paw and walked towards the living room. Nick walked forward, with Judy still holding his paw. Judy became confused. Was Nick sad or not? She followed him into the living room and sat beside his Mother on the couch. Nick inserted the disc into the CD player and stood behind the couch and leaned on the wall of the couch. The video buzzed and soon began an intro from John Wilde.

"Hey you fellow music lovers. I just want to say thank you all for supporting a fox like me and giving me a chance to be heard, I'm so happy to release this song called, "You'll Be in My Heart". I dedicate this song to my beautiful wife, Mary and my wonderful baby boy, Nick. You mean the world to me."

(Begin the song).

John and his band began the song, on stage.

In a hospital, a fox kit was born.

"Come stop your crying
It will be alright
Just take my hand
Hold it tight"

John and Mary smiled down at their new baby boy.

"I will protect you
From all around you
I will be here
Don't you cry"

John gently picked his son up and looked at him, smiling lovingly.

"For one so small,
You seem so strong
My arms will hold you,
Keep you safe and warm"

The footage changed to a few months later as Nick took his first steps towards John and safely fell into his father's arms.

"This bond between us
Can't be broken
I will be here
Don't you cry"

A clip of Nick's first ride on a Ferris wheel when he was a year old, the little pup's eyes shined with awe as he looked at the fireworks and excitedly flailed his paws showing his mom and dad as they smile and watch as well. 

"'Cause you'll be in my heart
Yes, you'll be in my heart
From this day on
Now and forever more

You'll be in my heart
No matter what they say
You'll be here in my heart, always"

The film jumped to when John had brought his family to pitch a deal to make a tailor suite shop. John's emotions filled with hope as Nick, in his mother's arms, smiled and waved his paws. The deal rejected by the Bank and hope had crashed for John and the fox family grew sad.

"Why can't they understand the way we feel?
They just don't trust what they can't explain
I know we're different but deep inside us
We're not that different at all"

As the fox family left the Bank, John forced a smile and carefully took his son into his arms and smiled warmly, knowing that at least he has a family. Nick at first with a blank expression, stared up at his father's eyes and cooed and grabbed his father's muzzle. 

"And you'll be in my heart
Yes, you'll be in my heart
From this day on
Now and forever more"

On the bright street of Downtown Zootopia, the fox family held each other and ignored any staring eyes and felt as if they were the only ones on Earth. 

"Don't listen to them
'Cause what do they know (what do they know)?
We need each other
To have, to hold.
They'll see in time
I know"

Nick's first day of kindergarten, was an exciting day for the young fox kit and his father was helping him leave to go to the bus. After school, Nick was sad, he had been picked on and John and Mary lay next to their sad kit in bed and read him a bedtime story to cheer him up, which worked.

"When destiny calls you
You must be strong (you gotta be strong)
I may not be with you
But you've got to hold on
They'll see in time
I know
We'll show them together

'Cause you'll be in my heart
Believe me, you'll be in my heart
I'll be there from this day on,
Now and forever more"

The scene zooms out as the family of foxes lay there and slept, John and Mary, holding their kit as they slept.

"Oh, you'll be in my heart (you'll be here in my heart)
No matter what they say (I'll be with you)
You'll be here in my heart (I'll be there), always
Always
I'll be with you
I'll be there for you always
Always and always
Just look over your shoulder
I'll be there always."

The scene faded and ended. 

Judy and Mary's eyes streamed with tears. 

"He seems like he was a kind fox." Judy choked.

"He was, the kindest I've ever met." Mary replied as she blew her nose.

Judy turned around to look at Nick, but he was gone. 

"Where did Nick go?" Judy asked Mary. Mary wiped her eyes, and exhaled shakily.

"Knowing my son, he's probably on the porch, not wanting to be seen now." Mary knew her son and she was most definitely right. Nick did't want Judy to see him in this state. 

Author's Note: O M Goodness, I'm sorry but it's Summer and I'm lazy, that's why I haven't updated in so long, but guess what? This chapter is 1000 words long plus this author's note. Hope you guys enjoy this chapter please tell me how I did on trying to hit you guys in the Feels.