Distracting The Duke

Summary - "A telescope is for watching seabirds, not a scarred, naked Duke going for a swim. And getting caught in the act can seriously damage a Regency widow's reputation!

The Duke of Ulvercombe has survived his tough upbringing and now wants a family of his own. A young, pretty, biddable wife would fit in perfectly with his needs and he has found the perfect match, Miss Eleanora Soper, but she is well protected by her guardian and his sister, the intriguing Lady Clara Tinniswood. Somehow Clara keeps distracting him from his goal, and her obsession with the return of his much treasured Venus figurine to her family causes him to behave in a rather ungentlemanly fashion.

Clara Tinniswood buried all interest in the male sex along with her husband. He betrayed her in the vilest way possible and she has struggled to come to terms with the legacy of her marriage ever since. The Duke of Ulvercombe throws her into a quandary- can he be trusted enough to be married to her beloved Eleanora, or is he the one man who can restore her own faith in love? And if she does succumb to his charms, then how in the world can she make it up to Ellie?"

Rating - 8/10

Thoughts - This is another one of those really warm and fuzzy books. It's funny, heart-warming and frankly a really great read. That being said, there are some deeper parts of the book that go into some pretty full-on stuff. But, the author handle those all really well and we discover it in a really interesting way. Although, as I just mentioned, it does deal with some deeper stuff the lighter tones really lift the book and it's a really good balance between light and dark.