Chapter 2

".......... And...... Why does it end up like this?????" Kise whimpered and trying to balance himself by grapping on the tree beside him.

The other people were just stay quiet and busy with their own problems. They had to hold their snowboards and the sticks while walking on the thick snow in the unfriendly weather.
Not long after they slided down, the strong cold gust hit that area and enveloped the whole mountain. It looked like they're trapped in the snow storm which came unpredictably and made them couldn't see around clearly. At least, they could think fast and hid in the forest near them.

In this extreme weather, they had lost track of time and some of them had reached their limit.

"I... I'm... Too tired.... It's too cold...." Momoi fell herself.

"Satsuki... We can't take a rest here... Just hang on until we find a shelter..." Aomine helped Momoi to stand, "damn!! Who's the one who has this stupid idea plus didn't listen to me earlier!!??" He glared at Kise.

"Eh??" Kise panicked, "but... But... Akacchi agreed with me... Right, Akacchi???"

"I don't remember that I agreed with you, Ryouta..." Akashi replied without seeing at them, "just who took a move without thinking!?"

Kagami flinched, "you... You mean... This is my fault????" He stammered, "who... Who told you to follow me then??"

"If we didn't follow you, you must be died by now, Taiga..." Himuro sighed, tapping Kagami's shoulder.

Kagami couldn't respon to him, yet he wanted someone to defend him, "OI! Kuroko, just say someth___" he stopped as he saw Kuroko's lying prone and half of his body was covered by snow.

"He collapsed just now..." Said Midorima flatly then left them behind.

Kagami helped Kuroko in panic, removed the snow and held him on his back.

The storm was getting worse and they were already exhausted, a little mistake could kill them instantly. Their steps were so heavy but it didn't stop them; all they could think was just a shelter. To think about that was enough to force themselves to keep walking, passing through the crazy blizzard.

"It's.........." Midorima who led them, stopped in sudden, "I think... We're saved...." He pointed up at the top of the cliff near them.

There was a big villa on the edge of the cliff, and even though they didn't know it's empty or not, they speed up their steps.

As they arrived, their spirits went out when they knew it was an empty villa.

"It's no use... No one is in there..." Himuro sighed after a quick scan by peeking on one of the windows.

"No lights, no food, no fire...." Kise's still peeking on the other window, "oh... I think this is the end of us..." He curled up himself, leaning his head on the wall-under the window.

The rest of them were so depressed and unsure what to do next. They couldn't move anymore, but if they stayed there in silence like this, they could freeze to die.

"Are you sure there's no one, Himuro-kun, Kise-kun?" Kuroko made sure.

"What do you mean, Kuroko? Just by looking the situation, you should know that___"

"No, Kagami-kun..." Kuroko tried to stand though his whole body was stiff, "I think... I saw someone behind the curtain on the second floor before we reached here..." He explained.

"Tetsu... Don't tell a joke in this situation..." Said Aomine steadily, but he hid behind Momoi, grabbing her jacket tight with a little shaking.

"Tetsu-kun, don't scare us... You know that Dai-chan is afraid of ghosts..." Momoi rubbed Aomine's head to calm him.

Kuroko's just staring at those two with no words and a flat face.

When they were trying to do something, a loud bang from the villa shocked them. The next voice came out with a drag, a vague rustle and unclear disembodied voice. Seemed like there were some activities inside which made those people gulped in fear.

"Shintaro, check what was that!!"

Midorima startled, "A.. Akashi... Why don't you do that by yourself??" He chilled.

"Don't you think it's perfect? It's a proof for us that......." Kuroko knocked the big wide door confidently, "..... She's real..." He determined.

"Kuro__ no__ that's____" kagami panicked and tried to stop him.

"'She'?? How can you tell that it's a girl?" Himuro confused.

"Umm..... It because of the white dress.... Maybe..." Kuroko tried to remember, "oh!? It's really 'she'..." Kuroko pointed at the window on the right of the door.

Following Kuroko's finger, they saw a figure in white behind the thin curtain. Their face turned pale and their heart throbbed fast; the only thing that came up on their mind was a ghost.

"We.... We.... We have.... To.... To... Run...." Aomine stammered, trying to stand, but he couldn't.

"I... I can't... Even.... Move...." Kise cried.

While his friends were trembling in fear, Kuroko added a little seasoning to get the feel, "ah, she's gone..." He said spontaneously.

The rest of them were just freezing with a white face.

The big door suddenly opened-inside-by itself, with a aqueacky sound. The smell of mold spread wide and stung their nose. They strengthened their heart and peeking inside by the edge of the door. It's so dark, but they could see some of the furniture with white cloth on them; meant that the owner didn't touch this villa for years. They could know because the dust was dancing in the air inviting them to go inside and the cobwebs adorning every single corners and some rooms.

"Excuse me... Is anyone here?" Kuroko stepped in calmly, "we need your help here..." He added.

"Wha___ Kurokocchi, wait!!!" Kise followed him.

"Is this ok?" Momoi worried.

"I think it's better to stay here until the blizzard stop.." Akashi also stepped in.

That wasn't a bad idea, though the room might be not warm, but still better than the outside. As the last person was already in, suddenly the door banged behind them and the thick curtains closed by themselves. They startled then looking at one another.

"Is... Is... This place..... Haunted????" Aomine squatted down while hugging his head.

"No need to be afraid like that, Aomine-kun..." Kuroko tried to comfort him by poking his back, "look.. She's here to help us..." He pointed at the room near them.

It was a very dark room that they even couldn't see anything. For a couple of minutes, they didn't see someone came out from that room; this made them annoyed and glared at Kuroko at once.

"Kuroko, just stop joking like this!!" Kagami said indignantly.

"Tetsu-kun.. Please don't do it again.." Momoi whimpered.

"Looks like you're having fun with this, Kuroko.." Midorima sighed.

Kuroko's lips opened a little and ready to say something then suddenly he switched it with a smile, "good afternoon, miss..." He nodded.