Chapter 1

Your POV:

I woke up and felt an arm around my waist. I turned around to see my boyfriend, Chris, starting to wake up as well.

"Good morning," he said and then kissed my cheek.

"Last night was amazing," I said and dug my head into the crook of his neck.

He chuckled, "It was only amazing because you had sex with me."

I laughed as I got up and headed for the bathroom, "How about you make my morning amazing and join me in the shower," I said from the bathroom doorway.

"Coming!" he said as he got up to shove me into the bathroom and close the door.

~Time Skip~

"What do you want for breakfast, babe?" I asked.

His phone started ringing and he shrugged as his eyes widened. "Whatever you want babe, I gotta take this," he said and walked into the other room.

'That was weird, what is he hiding?'  I thought and started making waffles.

"Are those waffles I smell?" Chris asked when he walked into he kitchen.

He walked towards me and wrapped his arms around my waist and put his chin on my shoulder. 

"Who was that on the phone? You acted really weird about it," I said and removed the waffles from the waffle machine.

He sighed, "I have to tell you something babe," he pulled me to the living room and made me sit down on the couch, "That was a call from work."

"So what? Is something wrong?" I asked and got more worried by the second.

"Uh, no. I haven't really been honest with you," He said and stared into my eyes and then to the floor.

I sighed and tried to stand up, but Chris held me down. "I didn't cheat on you or anything, (Y/N), just let me finish."

I nodded my head and looked at his sad expression.

"I'm leaving in a month...for Mars," he said and looked at me.

I laughed and managed to stand up. I started pacing around the room and looked at Chris, "You're joking, right."

He stood up and held my hand. He looked at me and shook his head.

"What about us, Chris? How long will you be gone?" I said as my vision got blurry from trying to hold in the tears.

He struggled to look at me because he didn't like to see me sad. "About 2 years," he managed to whisper.

I felt a tear roll down my face and got angry, "What about us?" I snapped.

"I-I think we should break up until i get back," He said and tried to hug me.

I shoved him and stepped back, "get out," I said and walked to my room and slammed the door as well as locking it.

"(Y/N), please we need to talk about us," he said and knocked on the door.

"What is there to talk about, there is no us," I said and sobbed.

I heard the knob start to turn and sighed knowing that I forgot about the key.

I remained on the bed with my face shoved into my pillow. There was a slight dip in the bed when I felt Chris get on the bed, "babe," he said and poked me.

"Leave me alone," I said and hid myself from him as best as I could.

All of a sudden, I felt myself being picked up and was sat in Chris's lap. I stared up at him as he wiped the tears from my face. He looked from my eyes to my lips. He leaned forward, going for a kiss, but I leaned back so he wouldn't kiss me. 

"I don't think we should be doing that," I said and stood up from my lap. 

He stood up as well, "I guess you're right, sorry," he said, "Even though we are not together I think we should still be friends."

"I'm really going to miss you," I said.

"Me too, (Y/N), but we'll be able to email each other, okay?" He said and hugged me.

"I love you Chris," I said.

"I love you too (Y/N)," he said.

This is gonna be hard.

A/N: Yeah so... enjoy!