06

The next time that he laid his eyes on her was a couple of days later, when she walked into the room with another nurse.

Her lips were pursed and her breathing was abnormally heavy. At the sight of him, she swallowed the lump in her throat and licked the gloss off of her lips.

He took a deep breath, staying as quiet as ever. He had been completely mute from the moment he woke up in this hell hole, partially because she had requested that of him.

The unfamiliar face accompanying her in the room walked towards him, her facial expression as stiff and emotionless as a rock. She leaned down, keeping a safe distance between herself and the patient. Her eyes observed his facial features for a short while before shifting to the IV pump hanging high above his bed.

His eyes followed hers, landing on the plastic container containing the navy blue liquid. He gulped, his saliva wetting his dry throat.

The slightly older nurse walked to the other side of the bed, towards the the steel table.

As she passed, his gaze shifted onto her, his eyes begging for some sort of help.

She bite his tongue, his eyebrows quivering as she lifting her clipboard up to her stomach. She distracted herself by jotting down his conditions; behavior, blood flow, etc.

His eyes became unbearably heavy once he felt a stringing pain spread through his bruised wrist and into his veins. Before he knew it, he was sent into a deep slumber, giving the doctors a chance to observe him up close.