10

He jumped with the entrance of the pretty nurse. That's what he decided to call her, being unaware of her name.

For some reason that he couldn't figure out himself, he automatically cracked a smile, welcoming her with a warm gaze on her.

She, of course, entered with a facial expression that screamed worry. He instantly noticed the small metallic tray that was tightly pressed against her stomach. He couldn't see its contents but he felt safe enough not to worry about her.

As she carefully shut the door behind her and tiptoed to him, she reached into the pocket sewed into her lab coat with her free hand.

He expected to be fed once again, feeling oddly excited at the thought of it. With his strong gaze on her moments, his eyelids lowered as she pulled out a piece of paper.

It surely wasn't what he had expected, but his curiosity made him forget about his hunger for the slightest second.

She set the rectangular tray down onto the table as usual and flashed him her signature smile before using both hands to unfold the piece of paper.

With anticipation and patience, he watched her until she gave the paper one glance and lifted it close to his frozen face.

'Ji Hye'

A neat italic font inked onto the paper.