Chapter Eleven- This Is Not Your Usual Cliche Story

Chapter Twelve- This Is Not Your Usual Cliché Story

                “Damage assessment,” Sherri said, looking at me.

                She was sleeping over at my house. Yep, she is. The moment I called and told her that I was pretty sure my life was about to end, she packed some clothes and told me she was coming over. So, voila. A sleepover with my best friend.

                “You got your heart broken,” she said.

                I nodded.

                “Because of Blake? Or is it because of oh-em-gee it’s mighty Camden Sun?”

                I gagged. “By Blake, of course.”

                She raised an eyebrow. “Really, now?”

                I rolled my eyes. “Really. How could I ever be heartbroken because of C-Camden?”

                “Okay. Chill.” She plopped to a seat on my bed and noticed the Toblerone on top of my drawer. I should have hidden that. Ugh. I watched as she began to take it out of the triangular box. “But why did you kiss him, then?”

                I was momentarily distracted with the way she peeled the foil off of my chocolate and almost forgot to answer. But then I said, “I was drunk.”

                She shook her head. “Three words I never thought you’d ever say your whole life.” She faked a sigh. “You grow up so fast.”

                I threw a pillow at her. “Shut up.”

                She giggled. “I’m serious, though. Why did you kiss him?”

                I looked down at the floor. “Do you honestly think I know why?”

                She thought about it for a moment, and I was kind of hoping that she would forget my Toblerone. “Well, they say that the true feelings of a person show up when they’re drunk.”

                “That’s not true,” I said, quickly eyeing her. “There is no way that I'm letting you imply that.”

                She made a face. “Seriously, Shea. I'm not that stupid. And besides, it’s actually cute if you look at it in one way.”                

                Now I made a face. “Cute?”

                “Cute.” If she wasn’t my best friend, I would have pushed her out of the window. Not only did she imply something as ridiculous as me liking Camden Sun, she was also eating my favorite chocolate.

                “How can something so wrong be described as cute?”

                “Well, you were childhood friends, you became enemies, and now you’re both in love with each other. It’s the usual cliché. What’s not cute about that?”

                I groaned.

                “What?” she asked me.

                “I am not in love with that guy, and neither is he in love with me,” I clarified, my voice sounding unusually strained. Here we go again. “There is no way, understood?”