Chapter Thirty Four- "That Guy"

Okaaaaaay. A short update. But bear with me! xD My little brother is nagging me because he wants to use the laptop now, so BLAME HIIIIIM! And, don't you think they're JUST sweet? (Not my little brother--he's horrible!--but Shea and Cam in this chapter. XD) Oh weeeeeell. This, of course, is just to show their relationship. X) 

-Kierra XX

P.S. Do you consider this a cliffhanger-ish ending? x) I really hope you do because I LOVE them.

Chapter Thirty Four- “That Guy”

                It had been a week after I broke up with Blake. A week after Ciara left. A week after I finally realized and told Cam about my feelings.

                “I miss her, Cam,” I said into the phone. It was a Sunday night, and there was school tomorrow. “I really, really do miss her.”

                The phone was a little unfamiliar in my grasp. We finally had it replaced—and as much as I refused, Cam insisted buying it for me. So, yeah. It was from him.

                “I do, too,” he replied.

                As I laid on my bed, trying to fall asleep, I thought about Ciara. I thought about how Cam probably misses her more than I do. It upsets me that I couldn’t do anything about it, that I couldn’t make things better.

                “Shall I pick you up tomorrow?” he asked me, letting the topic drift. Not that I could blame him.

                “What?” I was surprised, though. It’s been one week since we started, err… going out, and this was the first time he offered to give me a ride to school. “Why so sudden? Besides, I have Jake and my house is out of your way.”

                “I dunno,” he answered. “I just… feel like it, I guess. Nothing’s wrong with it.”

                “As much as I have to admit that that’s awfully sweet, it’s a waste of gas and time.”

                He chuckled. “Right. Count on you to think of gas when her boyfriend makes a sincere gesture.”

                I froze. The word boyfriend sent shivers down my spine. It was different, this time. You know, different when it was with Blake. The thought of me breaking his heart was undeniable, but it had to happen, I guess.

                “Still there?”

                I cleared my throat. “Yep,” I replied. “Still here.”

                “Something wrong?”

                “Nope,” I replied. “Everything’s just right.”