Chapter Twenty Five-Scared to Death

Hey all! :D As usual, though I said I'll start reviewing for the CATs, I still haven't done anything serious. XD Hahahaha. Oh well. Here's another chapter. :) Hope you like it. This chapter might be important in the whole process of Shea realizing things soon. :))) Well, here it is. 

-Kierra XX 

P.S. I really want to thank everyone, by the way, because now I'm really inspired with all the support you have given to this story and to me. :)

Chapter Twenty Five-Scared to Death

                I am definitely not guilty. Honestly. I mean, I had so many things to think of already. My secret admirer (and that ridiculous tarpaulin of me with my braces and all), this whole trip with the guys, the twins who are always up to something, and so on.

                It was already a lot to think about, right?

                But now Camden Sun is sick. Because of me. I mean, I know it wasn’t entirely my fault that we got drenched in the rain, but I still felt guilty because I ended up wearing his shirt, and he had to walk around topless, not that any of the girls we saw hated it.

                “Look, sis. The guy’s sick,” Jake told me. “I mean, come on. It’s your fault.”

                I was sure my nostrils flared. Ha-ha. Call it so unfeminine, but I don’t care. Here I was, minding my own business when Jake comes in and says, “Hey, Shea, can you stay here while we go check the school campus? You know, since Cam is sick and all” and also blames me for his cold. I was pretty sure I was allowed to be Shea Collins, Bossy Sister at the moment.

                So I crossed my arms over my chest and glared at my brother. “Whose fault did you say it was?” I asked him.

                He gulped, knowing what this meant—knowing The Glare and this pose of mine, knowing well enough that he better not mess with me now, or else…

                “Well, I didn’t really mean your fault your fault, but more like… errm.” Now I know what squirming looks like.

                “More like what, Jake?” I arched an eyebrow.

                “I'm just saying that somebody should stay with him, right? And—”

                “Look, Jake.” I stepped in closer to him, all the while maintaining eye contact. “I don’t really remember who told me that it was your idea to leave us alone back there, Jake.”

                His face paled. Bull’s eye. I was, really, only guessing, but I must be right by the way the color drained his face. So it really was him who suggested it? Freaking bastard brother of mine.

                “Um, Shea—”

                “I don’t even know what your problem is,” I hissed. “Care to tell me how the hell you always manage to make me—”

                “I did it for you, Shea!” he yelled. “I mean, you’re always so uptight about everything, and you know I like Cam, and I sort of want him to be with you, I mean, why not, right? But how could that happen if every freaking time, you’re always so… so freaking cynical about everything.”

                I was speechless.

                I didn’t really know what shocked me most, whether it was the fact that Jake just shouted at me, or the words themselves, or the other fact that Jake actually knew the word “cynical.”