11

She couldn't breathe. Her own lungs stopped working.

She looked around and felt more sick. The already abandoned, dark mansion that suffocated her felt more suffocating than usual. She felt worse than when her arms were wounded.

So she ran. She ran away from the house, she ran away from her father, she ran away from her life. The life that she was never supposed to have, the life she was never meant to live.

And she ran to the only place where she felt safe. She ran to the abandoned park she and Luke used to hang out in.

She didn't even feel the warm liquid that streamed on her face until she tasted it.

She stumbled on the ground, just when she crashed on the tree. Her back ached but she didn't care. Instead, she folded her legs up to her chest and leaned her head on it.

That's when she cried out loud. Years of pain, agony, and pressure. Years of sadness and darkness. Years of having an absent father and an abusive mother. Those years she kept bottled inside her finally broke lose. After all, a person can only hold much burden.

A twig snapped as footsteps approached her. A tall, lean, silhouette covered her small, fragile frame that trembled.

She looked up and saw those pair of blue eyes she missed, the pair of blue eyes that she longed for all of these years. "L-luke?" Her voice was cracked, barely audible, and stuttering.

He held out a handkerchief to her face. At first, she hesitated but she took the small piece of cloth and wiped her face. A small smile appeared on his face.

Suddenly, she felt like her world seemed to brighten up a little, too.