12

She knew she wasn't thinking straight. But with everything going on today, she didn't feel like she had boundaries anymore. "Where were you when I needed you most?" She stopped sobbing although tears still streamed down her face.

Luke sat beside her. He didn't hurt her, he didn't touch her. He just sighed and looked beyond. "I left you when you needed me most."

Carly looked sideway, "Why?"

Luke sighed once again. He looked at her. His gaze made her squirm. His eyes screamed pain. "Because I was stupid and I was proud. I wanted you by my side but I realized that I was being stupid. If you were by my side, then you'd regret it afterwards. I wanted to protect you from me." She began sobbing again but Luke wrapped his arms around her.

"It doesn't matter now. I've learned my mistakes the hard way. I had to see a person I love get hurt. But I'm here now." He soothed her, the words he spoke knocked into her heart, as cheesy as that sounds.

Carly lifted her head that was against his chest. "Someone you love?" Luke nuzzled his head on her shoulder, breathing her in.

He chuckled. Carly could literally feel his laugh against her. "You, clumsy. It was always you."

She smiled, "Have you always been this subtle?"

He hugged her tighter, planting a kiss on her forehead. "Only for you, Carls. Only for you."

She knew that she was stupid for letting him in, she knew that she shouldn't forgive him for everything he'd put her through alone. But she did, and she was stupidly in love with him.

"I'm really sorry, Carls. You shouldn't have done this alone, you shouldn't have to fight alone. You shouldn't forgive me for everything I've done to you." He paused and pulled away from her, "You shouldn't have felt those scars alone."