Mortals United?!(Part 2)

Ford worked swiftly on some type of 'nerd portal' as Mabel would call it, but Mabel held some respect for the steel and metal circle. After all, this portal could save my brother from that evil Dorito. 

Mabel sat on a table nearby, her legs swaying as she watched her great uncle work.

Mabel's pig, Waddles, wiggled in her grasp, constantly trying to eat her hair.

Stan, Mabel's uncle, also watched Ford work.

The young brunette hummed a light tune while stroking her pig. "Great uncle Ford?" Mabel asks not taking her eyes off Waddles. Ford looks up, taking a break off all the science. 

"Yes, Mabel?" 

"What if your plan doesn't work?"

"..."

"Imagine if all this time we had false hope?" Mabel finally looks up, her chocolate brown eyes shimmering. "Then what would we do?"

Stan and Ford stare at her, not knowing what to say. Ford finally stands up and walks over to Mabel. 

"Then we will have to see where our futures take us." He simply says putting his hand on Mabel's shoulder. 

Mabel nods and Ford walks back to his work.

Ford attaches two metal tubes and a spark of life comes from the portal catching Stan and Mabel's attention. 

Ford looks up at Stan and Mabel, holding what seems to look like an on/off switch.

"Moment of truth..." He says turning the portal on. Not long after, a swirl appears in the metal ring.

They all gather around the portal, waiting for Fords command. 

"...and the moment of revenge." Finishes Ford as they walk into the strange swirl.

Sorry if this chapter seems weird, I'm righting this at night... HOWL TO YOU LATER!!