«1»

"Riley, wake up sleepy head!" I hear Two-Bit's voice yelling directly at my ear. I groaned and pushed him away, burying my head deeper in my pillow. "Get up!" Two-Bit yelled again and grabbed my foot. Suddenly he pulled me out of bed, connecting my body to the hardwood floor.

"Ugh, dammit Keith!" I mumbled, annoying him by using his real name. I was still on the floor, sprawled like a starfish.

"Shut up," Two-Bit retorted, with a grin on his face as I opened my eyes. "Get up, Darry sent me to get you and I don't want superman busting my chops when I come out of here without you." Two-Bit said as he rolled his eyes.

"Well, I need to get-" I was cut off when Two swept me off my feet and carried me on his shoulders. "TWO-BIT PUT ME DOWN THIS INSTANT!"

"Okay!" Two-Bit said with a smile and dropped me on the floor of the kitchen. "Hey Dar, got her for you."

"Great, now my butt hurts." I mumbled and stood up. I glared at Two-Bit who just decided to smile back, shoving cake in his mouth.

I shook my head and sat down next to Pony who was eating eggs. "Nice sleep?" Ponyboy asked with a hint of amusement in his voice.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed a plate. "Hey Dar," I greeted Darry who was cooking eggs and bacon.

"Hey Rile, want some bacon?" Darry offered, using my nickname. I nodded my head, hearing my stomach make a grumbling sound.

I sat back down next to Pony, who was finishing up his eggs. I shoved some bacon in my mouth, letting the heavenly taste linger in my mouth.

"Where's Soda? We're gonna be late for work if he doesn't hurry up." Steve asked, grabbing a piece of bacon from my plate. I growled at him which he just shook off.

"I'm here!" Soda popped up, ruffling my hair and grabbing another piece of bacon off my plate. "Morning Riley." Sodapop gave me a grin and buttoned up his DX uniform.

I rolled my eyes. "What is it today with people eating my food?" I asked, glaring playfully at Sodapop and Steve.

"Aw come one Rile's you love me too much," Sodapop once again gave me one of his award winning smile.

"You're right, now get outta here before you guys get late for work. Again." I said, giving Sodapop a look.

"Alright see ya guys later," Sodapop said, dragging Steve to the truck.

"Alright, food is on the table. Make sure you guys stay out of trouble while I'm gone." Darry looked at Two, Pony, and I who were finished eating and was now watching Mickey Mouse.

"Alright Dar, see you later." Two said, not taking his eyes off the TV.

We were all sitting in silence when Johnny and my brother, Dallas, came in. Johnny sat next to me on the floor and gave me a smile. "Hey Riley."

"Sup Johnnycake," I smiled back but out of the corner of my eye, I see Ponyboy give us a look. I shook it off and stood up. "I'm gonna go get some fresh air," I announced, heading towards the door.

"Have your blade Riley?" Dal asked as I was about to step out of the house.

"Yep," then crossed the threshold.

As I was walking, I began thinking. After being on this planet for 14 years, I've never seen that much good in the world. New York wasn't a good place but neither is Tulsa. I think of the only true good things I ever saw here in Tulsa was the sunset, which Ponyboy showed me just last month and ever since that day, Ponyboy and I would watch the sunset together every few days.

I was walking back when I saw a dark red Mustang behind me but I noticed that Bob or Randy weren't in the car. My heart suddenly began to beat fast. What the hell do those socs think they're doing in the greasers territory? I'm not in the mood for this. I rolled my eyes and began running, I was only a block away from the house. I can do this. While running, I began thanking Ponyboy for making me run those extra sprints and laps. The Curtis House finally came into view, my lungs burning and my legs starting to ache. Just a few more steps, come on. I finally ran to the gate and opened it. Running towards the porch, I saw the Mustang drive away when they saw me standing on porch. I sighed in relief and walked back inside. I was breathing heavily and beads of sweat were running down my forehead.

"What the hell happened to you?" Dallas walked back inside the living room from the kitchen. He had a concerned face and started walking towards me.

"Nothing, just those damn socs trailing me. I had to run all the way here." I said, shrugging. I grabbed a coke and sat down next to Pony.

"Why are the socs even on our side?" Ponyboy questioned, a hint of anger in his voice.

"I don't know why, but I'm gonna kill them." Dal huffed and sat next to Johnny.

"Damn socs can't even stay on their side of town." Two-Bit said and shook his head, taking a swig of his beer.

"Yeah," Johnny agreed with Two.

Well, some of these days, someone's gonna get killed.