«4»

"Here's your drinks," the blonde waiter sneered coldly to the three of us. The blonde hoe walked away and when she was out of sight, we all started laughing.

"The expression of her face alone is just hilarious," Bob said and laughed. He took a sip of his chocolate milkshake and sighed happily.

"Do I need to get you and the shake some alone time or?" I asked, a serious expression on my face but the expression soon turned into amusement. Randy's arm was still slung on my shoulder but I didn't mind. I rested my head on his shoulder, relaxing my body against his. A few minutes passed, we were still talking and laughing. Suddenly, a voice spoke up. I sat up and turned my head to see a soc. He had a varsity jacket, freshly cut blonde hair, and some expensive looking pants.

"Hey Bob, who's the greaser?" The blonde soc said disgustingly, walking up to our booth. I sighed then rolled my eyes.

"She's our friend," Bob said, gritting his teeth as he replied.

The soc didn't seem to notice Bob's tone as he kept talking. "Friend huh?" He grinned at me but behind that sly grin, I could already tell that he was going be trouble. "I'm Richard Gates, but you can call me Richy." He winked at me.

"Yeah, no. I'm good buddy, but thanks for the offer." I said and gave him a fake smile. 'Richy' gave me an evil look and smirked. In the corner of my eye I saw Bob and Randy exchange glances.

"Well whatever broad, the offer is still on the table if you want it. See ya guys later," Richard said, but before leaving he smiled at me.

I turned back to Randy and Bob who had pissed off expressions plastered to their faces. "That Richy guy better back off," I growled. "Who does he think he is? Honestly, guys like him need to be beaten up good." I scoffed, finishing up my milkshake. Well, this day was a bust.

"No one genuinely likes Richard anyways, people only use him for his money." Randy explained with a hint of anger in his voice.

"With pants like those, I'm not surprised that no one likes him." I chuckled, making Randy and Bob laugh as well.

I hear the door open and heavy steps coming towards my direction. I turned my head to see Dallas. He had a questioning look on his face. Oh fuck. I sighed and brought my head up to see Dally who was by our booth. "Yes dear brother?" I asked, acting innocent. I looked at Bob who looked unsure of what to do.

"What the hell are you doing with these socs?" Dallas accusingly asked, like I was sleeping with one of them. But he didn't look mad, I don't even know how to explain the expression on his face right now.

"Well I'm having lunch with Bob and Randy," I answered his question. "Is having lunch a bad thing?" I questioned him, purposely trying to make him angry.

I can see Dally's head getting redder by the second. "It is when you're having lunch with socs," Dally sneered, emphasizing the word socs.

"Hey look man, we didn't do anything to her. We can leave her alone if you want, we were just having lunch. We ain't trying to pick a fight." Randy argued, standing up. Bob also stood, following his friends action.

"God, just stop it!" I exclaimed and sighed. "Dally go back to the car, I'll meet you there." I ordered my brother with a pleading look. I wasn't in the mood to argue with anyone today after that conversation with that Richard guy. He huffed and walked back to the car, pushing a poor high school freshman to the side. "I'm sorry guys," I sighed.

"Hey it's all good, see ya around?" Bob smiled softly.

I chuckled, "Of course, see ya guys." I waved to Randy and Bob, and walked towards Dally who was leaning against one of Buck's cars.

"Get in the car now," Dallas growled. I rolled my eyes and opened the car door.

"So why were you even having lunch with those damn socs?" Dally asked calmly, his eyes on the road.

I looked away from him and leaned back, sighing. I decided I wasn't gonna fight my brother on this subject anymore. "I was walking to Dairy Queen when they drove by, we talked and then they offered me a ride. I said yes, since I already knew Bob and Randy pretty well, and they're the only socs I can actually stand. We ate and now here we are." I explained, not bothering to mention the other soc who bothered Bob, Randy, and I. Even if I did mention it, Dally would just try to pick a fight with a guy. It was getting boring.

"Look Rile, I just get stressed out about Socs, you know that." Dallas sighs, rubbing his hands to his face in a stressful manner.

"Yeah, pretty much." I chuckled, looking outside the window of the moving car.

"And thinking about what can happen to you with socs just... Man, it's just gets me scared." Dally said, getting stressed out.

Suddenly I realized how much Dally cares about me. From all the times he annoyed me by being protective, that was his way of showing he cared for me. That's literally how he shows his love.

As Dallas kept driving, his knuckles turned white from gripping the steering wheel too tightly. Taking a deep breathe, Dally relaxed making me a little bit relaxed too.

"Don't worry Dally, I'm fine alright. After all, I am a Winston." I said, smirking. Dallas chuckled lightly, finally smiling.