«3»

"You sure?" Pony asked for the third time if I was okay being left alone in the lot since he and Johnny wanted to go back to the house.

I rolled my eyes, "honestly Ponyboy, I'm gonna be fine." I gave him a look and he held up his arms.

"Fine, we'll go." Ponyboy chuckled as I threw a small rock at him.

"See ya later Rile," Johnny smiled and waved. I waved back and just relaxed for a bit. Man, I could go for a milkshake right now. I stood up, fixing my hair and jacket. I started walking to Dairy Queen. Suddenly, I hear a familiar sound of a car I know too well. I looked behind me to see the blue Mustang, but Bob was driving it with Randy in shotgun. I smiled, now this I can handle.

They pulled up next to me, Bob driving the same speed as I'm walking. "Hey there Riley, long time no see." Randy chuckled.

I smiled and shook my head, "man, too long."

"Where ya headed?" Bob asked while looking at the road, making sure not to drive by someone or something.

"Dairy Queen actually, I could use something cold at the moment." I said while dramatically fanning my head.

Bob chuckled, "Alright, get in. Looks like we're going to Dairy Queen."

I grinned while Bob stopped the car. Randy got off shotgun so I can get into the backseat. "Damn, this is one nice car." I mumbled.

Randy chuckled, "It is. So how's life been?"

"Man, those socs always getting them greasers. Life's stressful." I joked while Bob and Randy laughed. If you want my honest opinion, they're the only two socs I can actually stand. It's funny how I actually became friends with them.

I was at the Dingo waiting for my food when some socs decided to have a little fun. "Hey greaser," one of the socs smirked.

I rolled my eyes, "Get outta here soc, this place is full of greasers unless you wanna get your ass kicked, I suggest you get out."

"Why you little bitch, no one talks to me like that!" The soc got mad and got all riled up.

I was still waiting for my food. I rolled my eyes and sighed, why can't I have a little peace for five minutes around here? The soc was about to say something else when I punched him in the nose and grabbed his shirt. I menacingly whispered in his ear, "You better get outta here before I kick you where the sun don't shine." His eyes widened while his still clutching his bleeding nose.

"I'm outta here," he said then left, while the other followed in pursuit but two other socs stayed.

I noticed them. "What, you gonna say something too? Huh soc?" I snapped.

"Nah, I actually appreciate you for what you did. I hated that guy anyways," the blonde curly haired kid chuckled. The blonde sat on the stool next to me, making himself a little too comfortable for my taste. "I'm Bob Sheldon."

"And I'm Randy Adderson," the tall brown hair kid introduced himself

"And I'm Randy Adderson," the tall brown hair kid introduced himself. He seemed like a decent kid.

I narrowed my eyes, "Riley Winston

I narrowed my eyes, "Riley Winston." I said my name with a sense of pride. Winston. Everyone in this town knows Dallas Winston so they'll probably connect it.

"Wait, your Dallas Winston's sister?" Randy asked as his eyes widened.

"Yuppity yup," I smirked as I drink my fresh brewed coffee.

So that was the beginning of a brand new friendship.

"We're here," Bob announced as he parked the car and the sweet sound of the Mustang disappeared. Yes, I have thing for muscle cars. Sue me.

"One day, I'm gonna get those tuff looking muscle cars." I said with a determined look on my face.

"Hey, Riley I saw your grades you're actually pretty smart. You might even get a scholarship to any college if you try hard enough too." Bob said as he opened the door. I nodded a thank you and sat in a booth. Randy sat next to me while Bob sat across the booth.

"Ya think?" I asked him nervously. Unlike Dally, I'm actually pretty hardworking. I just don't go to school for the food or friends. I might actually get into college and maybe, just maybe, leave Tulsa.

"One of my dad's friends is a professor at Stanford, if you graduate high school with the perfect grades, you might be able to get a scholarship. I can ask him to recommend you." Randy said with a smile.

"And this is why I'm friends with you guys," I chuckled and shook my head. A few minutes later, a waiter walked over to our table. She had her blonde hair up in a high ponytail, lips bright red, and the most ridiculous amount of makeup anyone could ever wear.

"So, what would you gentlemen like today?" She asked batting her fake eyelashes at Bob and Randy, completely ignoring me. I raised an eyebrow and rolled my eyes. This bitch.

Bob looked like he was about to burst out laughing and Randy kind of looked annoyed. "How bout' you Riley?" Randy asked, acknowledging the girl beside him. He grinned and looked back at the blonde waiter.

"Well, I would like one vanilla milkshake please." I said, giving the waiter a fake smile. The waiter nodded her head but in the corner of my eye, I could see her rolling her eyes.

"How about you sweety?" The waiter asked Randy as she leaned in a bit more, showing her cleavage. Bob stifled a laugh as Randy and I exchanged glances. Oh, this is going to be fun.

"I don't know," Randy said shrugging with a playful look in his eyes. "Maybe I'll get the same thing as my girlfriend, one vanilla milkshake." Randy said with a smile, snaking his hands around my shoulders. I smiled at the waiter who looked pissed. She silently scoffed, held her head up high, and turned to Bob. He had an amused look on his face.

"I'll take one chocolate milkshake," Bob said, waving his hands as if to say to the waiter, "You can fuck on now, thank you." The waiter huffed then walked away, getting our drinks.

"Now that was hilarious," I said, laughing with Bob and Randy.

Randy's arm was still wrapped around my shoulders and I'm not gonna lie, it felt nice.

---------------------

Yikes, what do you guys think will happen between Randy and Riley? Vote and comment!