"The Talk"

Harry went home from school that day practically radiating. He had many things to tell his mum, and he tells her everything. Today was fairly eventful in his small mind.

"Mummy!!"
"Hi Harry," she greeted, and Harry smiled.

"Ms. Valentine changed the seats in class, and I get to sit next to Lou!"
"That's great, honey," she smiled as she folded up the laundry.

"He also liked the candy I gave him, mummy!!" He beamed, he was happy that Louis was able to accept another one of his candies.
It made him happy. He wanted Lou to be happy.

"Did anything else happen today, Harry?" She asked, and of course, he nodded.

"Niall told me that Zaynie and Pezza kissed! Like the grown up stuff," Harry said, and Anne raised her eyebrows as to what her son was leading onto.

"Did Perrie and Zayn kiss, love?" She asked, and Harry shrugged. He didn't know if they actually did it, but he liked to assume so.

"Niall said that Perrie and Zayn liked each other so they kissed, and then at recess I kissed LouLou!"

"Harry, why did you kiss Lou?"
"Because I like him,"

"Honey, I think Zayn and Perrie have a crush on each other, and I don't think you have a crush on Louis," she told him, and Harry tilted his head slightly.

"What's a crush?"

"A crush..is like when two people like each other, but think each other is pretty and they get a weird feeling in their stomach. You'll understand when you get older, my love, when you meet a pretty girl-"

"What if I don't like girls?"

"Do you think Perrie is pretty, Harry? Eleanor?"

"They're pretty like princesses, mummy! But LouLou is pretty too," Harry told her, and Anne nodded in her best understanding.

"Do you think any of the other boys at school are pretty?"
"No, only Lou."

"Why do you think Louis is pretty, love?" Anne asked, and Harry shrugged and thought for a moment.

"He has pretty eyes! And pretty paintings, and pretty hair, and he's just pretty mummy. He's also tiny and that makes him pretty too,"

"I think you have a crush on Louis, Harry."

"Is that bad?"
"Not at all. Now I don't know how Lou feels about you, so don't try to do a lot of things with him. And I'm not so sure if you and Lou will be friends for a long time, so don't get so attached to him, alright?"

"LouLou likes me!" Harry crossed his arms. He hated it when his mummy did this.
He liked Louis, and Louis liked him, so why was his mum making it so confusing?

"Alright Harry, alright. Don't get upset. I'm just trying to tell you that Louis won't always be around,"

"Best friends forever, mummy."
"Okay," She sighed, and grabbed ahold of her phone.

Anne sent Harry up to his room to complete his homework of the day, and she sat on the couch and dialed the home phone number to Louis' house.

She held the phone up to her ear and waited for Jay to answer.
There was an answer, but it was a more masculine voice, and Anne assumed it was Louis' father.

"Hello?"
"Hi, it's Anne, Harry's mother,"

"The mother of the boy that my son's been hanging out with, right?" He asked, and Anne responded as a yes.

"Did my boy do something?"
"Oh, no. No. Louis is an angel, I just wanted to know if you're aware of a few things," She began, to speak.

"Aware of?"

"Are you aware of how close these boys are?"
"My wife talks about how well they get along but that's about it, why?"

"The other day, the boys were cuddling together, which is fine, but my son told me something that threw me off today,". Anne said, and she bit her lip. She was fine with her son liking boys, she just never thought he would feel this way at such a young age.
Anne clearly can see that Harry is oblivious to his feelings, and he just thinks these are all friendly gestures, and maybe they just are, but Harry is highly protective over Louis, and she can't exactly pinpoint why he's like that when he's never been that way towards any of his other friends.

"Anne, what are you leading on about?"

"Our boys kissed each other. I just wanted to let you know what was going on, because they're so young, and unaware of-"

"Goddammit! Louis get your ass in here!" Anne furrowed her eyebrows as she heard shuffling through the phone. She didn't agree with the fact that he was swearing at his five year old son, through the phone where she could hear him.

"Why didn't you fucking tell me you were gay!? You already disgust me enough as it is!"

Anne then heard a slapping kind of sound, followed by a cry. She quickly hung up, not knowing what else to do.
If Louis were her own son, she would never treat him with such words.

She sets the phone down and continues to fold up the laundry, with a bad feeling in the pit of her stomach.

A/N: this whole story was supposed to be fluff but I guess things take a turn for the worst sometimes whoops