01

AMINTA Anderson had just separated ways with her younger sister, Carissa, and was now wandering the corridors of the Hogwarts Express searching for an empty compartment. The Ravenclaw girl had been looking for a compartment for a solid fifteen minutes before finally finding one in the back of the train.

Once she was situated in the compartment she took out her favorite muggle book and began reading.The trains engine sounded; signaling the start of train was starting. "See you guys soon," she sighed thinking of her fathers; whom she wouldn't see for months.

  She continued reading until two teenagers, a boy and a girl, stumbled in mid-snog not even acknowledging her presence. What the hell is wrong with people these days? She thought to herself. Aminta sighed, trying to get them to notice her. "Hello," She tried. Oh isn't this great, she grumbled placing down her book.

"Do you two mind knocking? It's not very polite to interrupt someone's reading!"She yelled.

She didn't usually get angry, in fact she was usually a very calm person, but lately she'd been sour to those around her. Her OCD had been taking control of her actions lately.

"Oh we didn't notice any one was in here!"The boy said calmly.

Aminta took in his whole appearance with her dark brown eyes quickly. He was considerably tall, had dark skin, short curly hair,and he had a thin body.

"Of course you didn't notice anyone was here; you were too busy doing whatever that was." Aminta grumbled.

"No need to be rude about it!" Said the girl.

Aminta took in her appearance, as well . She was tall was taller than her, had an athletic body, bright brown eyes, many freckles, and long red hair.

"No need to disturb the peace that is reading!"Aminta retaliated.

"Come on, Dean." The girl said.

She pulled the boy out of the compartment by the arm and slammed the compartment door behind them.

"What just happened?" Aminta muttered, running a hand through her curly hair.

Through the commotion she had lost her page in the novel. That's just great! She sighed. The witch decided to just give up on the book and take a nap. It lasted a while before her friend decided to break the silence.

"Peculiar isn't it?" Said Luna Lovegood, scaring the Merlin out of her friend.

"What the hell, Luna?" Aminta screamed, hitting the back of her head on the wall.

"I didn't mean to frighten you, Aminta Anderson."

"It's okay." Aminta,sighed rubbing her head."How long have you been here?"

"I don't know. Maybe three hours? Time is strange isn't it?"

Aminta got up and put on her Ravenclaw robes over her clothes.She hadn't realized she was sleeping for that long."What time is it?" She asked tucking in her blue stripped tie.

"I try not to focus on time much, but I know we'll be at Hogwarts soon."

The girl was correct, in fact. Through the window the Hogwarts castle was coming into view, at last. Her second home was finally there; awaiting her with open arms. It was hard to see from this far way, but the games keeper Rubeus Hagrid was standing at the edge of the Black Lake waving and smiling at the passengers in the train.

Aminta grinned right back at him and sat down in her seat. She looked down and for the first time noticed her friend wasn't wearing any shoes. How Strange, she thought but decided to not question it.

Soon enough the train stopped right outside of the Hogwarts gates. The girls took their trunks off the racks and left the compartments; they were soon pushed into the crowded corridors of the Hogwarts Express. After a while they exited out the doors and entered the large Great Hall; they made their way to the middle of the Ravenclaw table and took their seats.

The Great Hall erupted into loud speech and laughter; which Aminta did not chose to take part in. She was too wrapped up in her own thoughts of how her 5th year would be that she didn't pay much attention to anything around her. She did however take notice when the sorting of first years begin.

Everyone watched in awe as what looked like no more than thirty kids were sorted into any of the four houses. Most of them going into either Slytherin or Gryffindor.

After the shortest sorting she ever had to sit through, Dumbledore walked up to the podium and gave his annual speech. This year it was different than the others, though. He spoke about precaution and staying safe from the threat of Death Eaters and You Know Who. The Headmaster mentioned something about having aurors guard the school and herding students to each class with the teachers. The school year was going to be way different this year.

The feast popped up onto the tables and the students began to dig in with an uncomfortable silence that was broken as soon as Harry Potter came in with a crooked and bloody nose. He took his place at the end of the Gryffindor table; while most of the student body stared intently at him.

  "Bugger off will you?" The same girl with red hair from earlier that day, yelled across the hall.

  All the onlookers turned back to their meals just as dessert came.

"Oh yes. There's pudding!" Luna chimed giving herself a bit." Aren't you going to eat something, Aminta?"

"Oh no, I'm not very hungry." Aminta sighed, still shaken up about the Headmaster's speech.

  After a few minutes Dumbledore rose up and walked to the podium. "Please follow your house prefects to your dormitories."

  Aminta and the rest of the Ravenclaws rose up and followed Cho Chang and Michael Corner out of the hall. Hopefully I won't have a dormitory as bad as last years, Aminta shuddered at the thought.

   They finally arrived inside the Ravenclaw lounge after her friend, Ally Carson, figured out the hard riddle. Home sweet home, Aminta beamed smiling at the familiar blue and bronze common room.