Four

x

"So where are we going today?" I asked Phil as we ate some of the bread and peaches we got. I only ate two peach slices and one piece of bread since I was hungry but could hold off on that. He plopped next to me. His bare chest was intimidating so I tried not to look.

"I don't know how to explain it" was all he said before we switched the topic.

We didn't really know what to do with our old clothes so we really just pushed them in the front pocket of the backpack. We wore the same jeans every day though.

I noticed as we were leaving the forest, Phil had only a shirt on. There wasn't a design except for a lion on the pocket.

He looked hot as hell with the sun beaming on him. Then I wondered if he ever thought of me like this. What were we exactly? A couple? Friends who kiss and cuddle and hold hands?

The walk to wherever took a long time so we had to stop and get water from McDonald's. It was strange because no one suspected anything.

We turned corners and walked from alleyway to alleyway but soon came to a group of people looking worried. Phil walked right up to them without any fear of them. The sun was setting and there were ten people compared to us.

"Excuse me sir you can't be here" One guy stood up and walked to us. Phil chuckled and handed him the big bag with the three jars. "What's this?" He peeked in the bag to see all of it. So this errand was returning the guys money to his minions. I guess that was nice since we didn't need it.

"Something happened to him but don't worry. Here's your money back. Do with it what you want" Phil smiled politely. The guys were looking in the bag with disgusted looks.

"Look asshole. I don't know what game this is but it isn't funny. Did Frank put you up to this?" One of them asked. He had tattoos and piercing about everywhere one could.

"Oh.. Frank did this himself with dealing illegal drugs" Phil shrugged with innocent wide eyes. The bigger guy with disgustingly huge biceps puffed out his chest and stepped towards him. I reached out to pull Phil back but he took his knife out of his pocket and held it up to the guys neck.

"You wouldn't you pussy" he tested. Phil laughed and used his height to tower over him probably freaking him the heck out.

"That's what Frank thought. No one would mess with him but" Phil made a popping noise with his mouth and waved the knife around. They all backed up with wide eyes. "I know you wont turn me in either because trying to find a clean way to explain this wont work" Phil smirked.

"What do you want? Heroine? Cocaine? What?" The guys asked frantically. Being left without a leader must suck. Imagine how everyone felt when Gandalf died.

"I just want you to stop selling this. You think giving a seventeen year old boy drugs is okay? I wont turn you in but you all need to stop. He's gone so just. Get out of this while you can" Phil sighed. They nodded and relaxed a bit as they realized Phil wouldn't hurt them. "I think I hear the cops coming. Run while you can" he looked around a bit confused making them run to the other end of the alley and go separate ways.

Phil smiled at me but then bit his lip hiding the grin. He took my hand and walked me back through all the alleys. We didn't say anything on our way out though it was peaceful feeling like a real couple.

The sun was gone and we were bored. I doubt anyone has gone to sleep yet though. What to do was beyond me and Phil seemed the same way.

We were walking down the street towards where we needed to be for the next kill when Phil pulled me into the shadows hiding me from god knows what.