Seven

Just a heads up this chapter is a bit confusing... Dan hallucinates (more than the last chapter) but all will be explained. Enjoy!

x

I've seen what he does.

I know what to do and how to do it.

For the past two hours, I've been pacing this hallway talking to myself.. now that I was alone here. I may have jumped and hid in the bathroom each time a car drove by but I was in a house with two dead bodies.

With only four hours of sleep, I left my house no backpack but a knife in my pocket.

... just like Phil.

Although I had no idea who in this town was a 'bad' person, I was going to look out for someone. Go into the local shopping center, see if anyone did something bad. Anything really.

Phil never taught me how to find someone but he's never really found anyone has he? I need to forget Phil and just think of the task at hand.

After a long, slightly cold, walk I was at my destination. There were kids running around a fountain, people selling unneeded umbrellas and busy businessmen pacing on the phone. A couple was in the corner talking quietly, the nearest Starbucks decided to be the Dj playing the newest music.

Basically there was a lot of people... a lot of people who were staring at me. I must have looked like shit. I had a anxiety attack, little sleep and my hair was run through and greasy.

All these eyes made me want to scream. Sure I wasn't clean or normal like them but I wasn't a failure. Was I?

Turning to see everyone gaping at me, I kicked the nearest object which was a chair to a restaurant. But when I looked up I saw everyones eyes, now more real and wide.

"Are you alright, my dear?" A kind lady asked me with concern. I swallowed hard looking at the people only to see them walking away quickly, oh thank god.

"I think so" I replied a bit unsure.

"I could get you some water if you like, my dear?" She spoke clearly and slowly making sure I understood. I shook my head and sat down near a fountain but still close to her, she was keeping an eye on me. "Fucking moron" she mumbled.

No she couldn't of said that. She was just glancing at me plus she wasn't close enough.

Suddenly she stood and walked over to a security guard who was looking around and when they spoke, they looked at me. Narrowing eyes, nods and sighs.. The lady took off and the security guard came over to me.

"What the hell are you doing here?" She snapped pushing a chair in my direction violently. I flinched at this not expecting it.

"Are you allowed to speak like that?" I whispered trying to relax.

"Like what?" She asked suddenly sitting in the chair that was gently placed near me. "All I said was, the woman asked me to check up on you since she had to run."

Now I was sure to be insane. First the argument with no one last night and now this. I was mental.

"Oh speaking of that! I need to run too. Getting a bit late" I excused myself. Yeah whatever the sun was still high in the sky but that didn't exactly mean night time. I could have been late for lunch with someone.

She nodded and said goodbye watching me take off down the street. When was the last time I ate a decent meal? Lunch was probably a good idea.

I began walking to the nearest restaurant with the little money I had, I could still get something from there.