My First Murder

As soon as I finish applying my lipstick, I hear a knock on the door. I head downstairs and open the door to find Caven waiting for me, an annoyed look on his face. "What's wrong?", I ask, putting on the sweetest smile I can manage to fake. "Nothing,", he grunts, "Let's just go."

I hop into the car and Cav drives to our school, Hafford High. During the drive I notice Cav making glances at my chest. Let him, I think, It'll be more fun when I end his life if he's being a perv. Cav is the type of guy who can't get girlfriends that easily because he pervs on everything that wears a skirt. I know, I know, "great choice, Melody", but what can I say? I like the attention.

As I'm getting out he accidentally closes the door on my dress. "Great-" I start to snap at him, but catch myself before I say too much. "What? Not going to cuss me out for messing up again?", he says, raising his eyebrow. "No, of course not.", I say with a voice that drips with honey.

I hide a snarl behind a fake smile. He's probably suspicious of my "nice" act since I've been so much of an asshole lately, but it makes the game a little more fun, and a little more...interesting.

We walk up to the doors together and I notice two of my former friends talking and drinking punch. "Hey, I think I'm gonna go get some punch", I say. I slip away from Cav and make my way over to the girls.

When they see me they stop talking for a moment before starting up their conversation again as if I'm not even there. "Hey guys.", I say. "Oh, hey.", my friend Penny replies, obviously uncomfortable talking to me. "Are you having a good time so far?", I ask. "Why? are you planning on ruining it?", My other friend snaps. "Carly!", Penny gapes at her friend. Carly had never retaliated against me before, probably because I threatened to end her and her boyfriend's relationship with some crucial information I picked up while going through her chat history one time. "What? It's not like she can do anything, Dan already broke up with me.", she says, tears welling up in her eyes. "Wow, looks like I've overstayed my welcome. I'll just get back to the party now.", I say.

I step back into the crowd and let out a little laugh. Serves that bitch right, she never should have laid a hand on me. That's something only I can do.

I make my way over to the punch bowl and grab two glasses for me and Cav. I find him easily, he's checking out a girl in a short dress while his friend blabbers in his ear, probably about some girl he met at a party.

As I start to head over to him I feel a hand reach around my waist and pull me in. "Hey honey, wanna dance?", I hear a voice from behind me say. "Sorry, but I'm already taken by a pervert like you.", I reply and thrust my elbow backwards into his crotch, forcing him to let go of me. He staggers away and mutters, "Damn. Why are all the hot ones psycho?".

I make my way over to Cav and hand him the punch. He looks me over for a second then says, "Hey, do you wanna get away? Maybe go somewhere a little more...private?".

Already? I guess he just can't wait. Whatever, the sooner better, I think.

I nod and give a little smile. He takes my hand and leads me back to his car. We arrive at his house not five minutes later. "Your house? Aren't your parents home?", I ask. "Nah,", he says, "they went on some stupid trip to Jamaica or something, won't be back till Sunday.", he smirks and leads me to the door. Perfect.

We enter his house and he brings me upstairs to his bedroom, which is surprisingly clean for a dirt bag like him. He grabs me around the waist and kisses me. I know he's just pretending to still have feelings for me, if he ever did, so he can get what he wants out of me, but I'm not giving it to him.

I push him off and slap him. Hard. A red mark is left where my hand made contact with his skin. "What the hell!?", he yells. "Sorry, Cav, but I know what you were planning. And I'm not gonna let you dump me.". "Oh yeah? Well how are you gonna stop me?", he laughs. "Well let's see," I say dramatically, "you can't break up with me if you're dead, right?". He looks scared for a minute then starts laughing.

"Wow, Melody, you almost got me there. I actually believed you for a second.", he says. "You think it's a joke? Well you'll definitely believe me in a few minutes...when the poison kicks in.". A smile spreads across my face and I let out a laugh.

"Poison? What the hell are you talking about, Mel?", he looks scared again and I can't help but laugh even more. "The punch was good wasn't it?", I say. "You're psychotic!", he yells,"I swear if this is a joke-". He suddenly breaks into a fit of coughing and his eyes go wide. "Yes, dear, of course it's a joke. Haha very funny, right?" I laugh.

I can't believe it's finally happening. Finally, my fantasy will be real.

He's on the ground now, coughing up blood. He reaches out to grab my dress, but I lift up my heel and bring it down on his hand. My heel breaks the skin and goes in deep. Screams escape his throat and he coughs even more until his breathing stops and his eyes go blank.

"Such a pity, I really liked these shoes." I mutter. I yank my heel out from Cav's hand and walk downstairs. His keys are on the counter, so I grab them and head out to the car. That, I think, was fun.