Chapter 8

Picture of Zead, the Pack Doctor.
______________________
Mia's POV
I woke up and slowly sat up, looking around. Once I realized where I was I smiled. It wasn't a dream. I'm safe. I realized that something was touching my hand and looked down, discovering it was a someone. Marcus. I moved and gasped at the pain I felt surge through my entire body.
Marcus shot out of the chair and scanned the room for danger. When his eyes landed on me they widened and he rushed to my side.
"Mia. Thank moon goddess you're awake. That was the longest 2 days of my life." He whispered.
"2 days!?" I asked him. He nodded and leaned down, touching his forehead to mine.
"But you're awake now. That's all that matters." He rubbed his nose against mine and I smiled softly.
"Is, um, is, uh Jonathan..is he, um dead?" I questioned nervously. Marcus looked at me with sorrow and guilt in his eyes. I cocked my head to the side and he shook his head slowly sitting down.
"He got nightshade in your system. He said I was either going to fight him and let you die or take you and let him leave. I couldn't lose you." He whispered "so I let him go." He hung his head in shame and I shook my head. I lifted his chin up, making him look at me. "It isn't your fault. He knew what would happen. He's a coward, running is what cowards do best." He nodded his head and averted his gaze. I leaned over and kissed him. He immediately responded.
"I love you Marcus" I broke away from our kiss "forever and always."
"I love you too Mia." He smiled lovingly at me. I scooted over and patted the bed next to me.
"Come lay with me. You look tired." I said.
"No. I don't want to hurt you." He shook his head. I scoffed at him and laughed.
"You won't. I want you near me, I need you near me." He sighed in defeat and climbed in bed with me. I cuddled up to him and fell asleep.

"Knock knock." I heard a male voice say. I flew out of bed and screamed.
"No. No. No. Please. Not again." I whimpered.
"Hey. Shhhhh. It's okay. I'm here." I snapped my eyes open as Marcus picked me up. At first I wasn't sure if it was a dream, but the sparks I felt were real.
"I-I thought Jonathan was back." I sobbed, laying my head on his shoulder. He carried me back to the bed and laid down, bringing me with him.
"Um. I'm sorry Luna. I didn't mean to scare you." I snapped my head up and looked at the person who spoke and eyed him suspiciously.
"I'm Zead. The pack doctor." He introduced himself.
"He's the guy who saved your life Mia." Marcus said.
"No. That was all him." Zead pointed to Marcus. "He made a 3 day trip in 19 hours."
I gaped at Marcus and he chuckled.
"Anything for you Mia." He smiled. I leaned up and kissed him before laying back down.
"Well" Zead began "I came to explain the situation. Mia, you are immune to silver and wolfsbane, but not nightshade." I nodded my head at the old information "You're bloodline, you come from the Ross family, correct?" I nodded my head. "Well, they are one of the original wolves. In the beginning there were 4 men, all had different strengths. One was kind, one was caring, one was loving, and the last was evil. The evil one convinced the others to do something they shouldn't have. An old witch cursed them, leaving them men on any normal day, but turning to wolves on the full moon. The only loop hole to this curse was to find a woman who loved them despite their secret. The first to find that was the loving one, Charles Ross. The second was the kind one, Louis Hemingtons, the last was the caring one, Emmit Worthingston."
"But what about the evil one?" I asked curiously.
"Jeremy Gilbert. He never found love. Instead, he found a witch that made it so he could also shift whenever he wanted."
"So how were mates put into this?" Marcus asked.
"The witch that cursed found out about what the evil one did, so she cast a spell that gave them all mates. She waited for Jeremy to find his, then she cursed him and his whole family. He would lose his mate and every male born in his family would never have a mate." He answered.
"But wait" I said "if we are from the loving man, how did Jonathan become so evil?"
"Jonathan Ross. He is mateless. He raped his mate so the moon goddess took her away, gave her a new mate and left him mateless. Never to have one again."
"So, who's the moon goddess?"
"The witch who started it all. Margaret Hollingsworth. She wanted to make sure we all stayed in check."
"And you know all of this how?"
"I am a relative of hers. Half witch, half wolf. That is how I was able to heal you. I'm Zead Hollingsworth."
I gaped at him and he chuckled.
"Well. I'm going to let you guys get some rest." He bowed his head and walked out of the room.
"I love you Mia. Always and forever." Marcus told me.
"I love you too Marcus. But I thought it was forever and always."
"Well. Always and forever is our promise." I nodded my head and giggled, snuggling up to him.
"Always and forever Marcus." I mumbled as I fell asleep.