Four

Liam's POV

The beeping sound of the heart monitor filled the silence of the whole room. The fragile and lifeless form of my younger sister lays on the cold hospital bed. I wrapped my enormous hands with her small one, hoping that she would wake up soon.

This is all my fault! If I haven't been so reckless then none of this would've happened. I won't be able to forgive myself if something bad will happen to her.

"Lia, I'm so sorry. This is all my fault. I failed you and dad. I'm sorry", tears won't stop rolling down my cheeks as I gently squeezed her cold hand in mine. I am not religious but I prayed by her side in silence to whoever is listening above that my beloved sister will soon wake up and that nothing is seriously wrong with her.

The anxiety I'm feeling is increasing more as the seconds pass by as I sat there with nothing but four white walls standing in every corner of the room. My guilt seems to mock my conscience and I feel so awfully sorry with my beloved sister.

I sat there, patiently waiting for the doctors to come inside the door and tell me what their findings are. I'd kill just to make sure my sister is okay.

Harry, that little fucker, he's gonna pay-

But before I could mentally kill Harry, the doctor went inside the room, looking down at his watch and checking something on a small stack of papers.

I felt more nervous as beads of sweat started to form on my forehead despite of the the cold air coming from the AC.

The doctor which looked like in his mid twenties smiled at me as soon as he saw me.

"Hi I'm Dr. Williams and you must be umm..", he looked at the papers on his hands, flipping the pages before continuing "..Liam Payne, the patient's brother, yeah?", he asked.

"Yes", I nodded, taking in a sharp, shaky breath.

"How is my sister?", I immediately asked without thinking twice.

There's nothing more I want right now than to know what my sister's condition is.

"Well, I'm gonna be honest with you. There's a slight chance that she's gonna wake up without her memories. The impact was so hard that it causes up some swelling and she lost a great amount of blood. She needs a blood transfusion ASAP or it might cause a heart failure to the patient considering that she is anemic.", Dr. Williams said.

My whole world seemed to crumble down at his words. Every information he gives about my sister's condition, the more guilty and anxious I get.

"What? You mean she's gonna have amnesia when she wakes up?"

No way!

I was expecting the doctor would say about some head injuries that gonna heal as time passes by, but amnesia? Fuck, no!

"I'm sorry but yes. We have her head examined and the results says exactly that. But don't worry, like I said, there's only a slight chance", the doctor said before taking in a deep breath.

"But other than that she's okay, just some swelling. But right now she needs blood transfusion", he said.

"S-she's a type A", I stuttered, the lump in my throat is getting bigger as tears started to well up my eyes.

She doesn't deserve this! This is all my fault! Fuck it! I'm such a shitty brother! Fuck!

"And I believe you have the same blood type?", the doctor asked while checking Lia's bandaged head.

"No, I'm a type B", I could feel my heart shattering into pieces. It hurts to think that you can't do anything to save your sister.

"That's unfortunate, Mr. Payne. The blood bank is in demand of more blood right now because of the increasing numbers of people catching dengue fever. Dengue outbreak has been declared and we're running out of blood donors", he said.

"What the hell! You should fucking supply her the amount of blood she needs. I don't care how much it costs just fucking do everything. It's your fucking responsibility!", I could feel my blood boiling inside as I raked my hair with my fingers frustratedly.

I got up from my seat as I paced back and forth in the room, not knowing what to do.

"Calm down, Mr. Payne. We are trying to do everything as possibly as we can", his voice sounded hard and I know he's just holding his composure and he should fucking be because I wouldn't think twice breaking his neck.

"You're what? Trying?! Fuck that! Don't try! Do it!", I am now losing my control and my patience is running low.

"Yes we will do it! But in the meantime, you have to calm down while we look for some blood donors. And if you know someone with the same blood type as your sister, you can ask them for a blood donation. That would be really helpful"

I ignored the sarcastic tone of his voice at his last words. I'll let it slide this time. My brain pondered at all the people I know including the people who I considered my friends in the gang I am in.

Yes, I'm in a gang but I can't tell Lia. I know she had to know someday but not right now. I'll tell her when everything's gonna be okay again. But at this moment, all I want is to save my beloved sister.

Wait, I know someone who has the same blood type. I can't just put my fingers to it.

Shit! Who is it?

An imaginary light bulb popped up my head when I remembered the person.

"Yeah, I know someone", I'm much more calmer now but not calm enough to erase the anxiety inside of me.

"That's great. I'll be back to know whatever your decision is. Right now, I need to attend to other patients.", he said, giving me a reassuring smile.

"Okay", I nodded.

Dr. Williams patted my shoulder before exiting the room. I dug my cellphone down my jean pockets and searched my contacts for that one familiar name whom I referred to as my bestfriend.

I pressed on his name as soon as I saw it and called his number. A few rings has passed before he finally picked up.

"Hey bro, what's up?", his voice sounded gruff which means he had just woken up.

"Can I ask you some favor?", I asked.

"Yeah sure! Anything for you, bro."

"Man, I need your blood. I mean if you could donate some to--", he cut me off.

"You're in some deep shit, man! What the fuck happened?", he sounded panicked as I hear some shuffling on the other line.

"No fuck that! It's not for me it's for my--", he cut me off again.

"Then who?!"

"It's for Lia she--", but before I could even finish my sentence for the third time he cut me off again.

"Fuck! Take as much blood as you want! I'd be willing to give everything to her"

"Tell me what the fuck happened when I get there", and with that, he cut off the call.

I know exactly why he reacted that way. I know everyfuckingthing.

He loves her.

A/N: This is messed up lol. I wanted to apologize with all the medical stuff I wrote. I don't know how it goes with that stuff so I'm sorry if I did it wrong. Anyway this is fictional so I hope y'all gonna forgive me :)

Again, thanks to those who still reads this. Know that I love you more than red M&Ms.

Please vote and comment :) thanks

-Jeah xx