Chapter 14

[Author's POV]

It's been two weeks since Minhyuk lived at Gee Hye's hometown, and Gee Hye started to notice something changed about him. Everytime Gee Hye went out with him, he always brings her back home pretty early. And he also always meeting her mom everytime she went out for shopping or had other business to take care of.

One afternoon, as Gee Hye didn't have anything to do, she decided to hangout with Minhyuk. She scrolled down and finally pressed his number from the contact list.

"Gee Hye?" -Minhyuk

"Oppa!" -Gee Hye

"Hey there! So, why are you calling me at this hour?" -Minhyuk

"Nothing. I just want to hangout with you. Can we?" -Gee Hye

"Oh! Uhm.. I'm sorry, darling. I can't go out for today." -Minhyuk

"Why?" -Gee Hye

"Wel, it's just that, I have something urgent to take care of and I'm afraid I can't pick you in time." -Minhyuk

"Really? Oh.. Uh, okay. Sounds urgent to me. Heheh~ See you tomorrow then?" -Gee Hye

"Ne, ne. Tomorrow will be. I'm so sorry, darling." -Minhyuk

"It's okay. I forgive you." -Gee Hye

"Jinjja?! Komawo!" -Minhyuk

"I love you~" She exclaimed, but sadly Minhyuk already hung up the phone. Gee Hye looked at her phone with her gloomy face. She sighed and lied down on the bed. She suddenly had uneasy feeling about Minhyuk. She furrowed her eyebrow then shook her head.

"I bet he really is busy. But he told me that he came because he want to meet his relatives, and he missed me so much. I wonder he's busy.." She said to herself. She gets up and brushes her hair while looking at the mirror. "I don't care. I want to go out anyways." She drew a slanted smile on her lips and tilt the end of her shoulders.

After she satisfied with her looks, she went downstairs and told her parents that she went out. She put on her sneakers and caught a taxi.

Along her way to the town, she just kept staring outside the window. 20 minutes later, the taxi finally pulled over the streets. She paid the taxi driver and thanked him. She stepped outside and closed the door. She turned around, and began strolling down the streets.

She decided to buy a drink at her favourite coffee shop since she's thirsty and had nothing to do. She moved her steps to the coffee shop which was just two blocks from where she'd standing.

Jungkook finally able to order his dessert at the counter after stayed in the line for so long. He ordered two pretzels coated with chocolate and paid it. As he was about to walk out the shop, suddenly he saw a familiar guy at the corner of the shop, sitting while chatting with a girl. What makes him more shock was that the guy and the girl were holding hands together.

"Poor Hye Sang." He thought, slightly shaking his head then walking out the building. He bowed his head down, trying to eat his pretzel. When he lifted his head up, suddenly he frozed to see Gee Hye was on her way from his opposite direction. He stared at her for a long time but she didn't noticed him.

Jungkook continues on stared at her and his eyes followed her when she just passed by him. Then, his eyes went widely open. "Oh no.. She's heading to the cafe! Hye Sang-ah! Don't ever walk into that shop!" He thought and gulped several times.

Gee Hye enters the coffee shop and glanced at the entire place before she getting into the line. Suddenly, she felt something. She turned around and her eyes darted at the corner of the shop. She squinted her eyes, and gasped heavily to see the guy holding hands with a girl. She stepped out from the line and instantly moved her steps towards the couple. She looked at him, and the girl, then darted her eyes again towards him.

"Minhyuk??" The first word that ever slipped through her mouth was his name. Minhyuk was startled and lifted his head up. His suddenly stop blinking as he exchange looks with Gee Hye. He slowly stood up and speechless. "Minhyuk, what are you doing here? Is this your 'urgent' business that you've had to take care of?!" She asked insistently, and began raising her voice.

"G-Gee Hye darling, I-I can explain.." He stuttered, and reaching out his hand but she flicked his hand away. The girl was just barely sat down, watching the two of them having a conversation, along with the customers inside the place. "Explain." Gee Hye crossed her arms, giving him chances to explain.

"I-I.. Uhm.. I-it's.. It's not like what you think.." He stuttered again. Gee Hye rolled her eyes away and release her arms. Minhyuk quickly grabbed her wrist when she was about to leave. "Gee Hye darling, I~" "Save it! I'm tired with all this crap right now. Don't ever call me 'darling' anymore. We're done." She cleared up her statement with her low voice, pulled her wrist roughly and stormed out the coffee shop.

Gee Hye walks pretty fast as tears start streaming down her face. She kept walking and walking until she reaches the point where she thinks she already went far away from him. After that, she began to walk normally, crossing her arms.

Suddenly, she felt somebody nudging her shoulder gently and turned around.

To be continued..

----------------------------------------

Author:

Hi again! I'm so sorry for not update this book really long. Well, school holiday is almost over and I'm pretty sad.. Nevermind, we still have weekends. And again, sorry for my grammar mistakes. See you by next chapter! Annyeong~ 👋😭👉👉