Chapter 1

Six years later...

I kept down in bushes, moving slowly as I kept my eyes on a raven. I licked my lips, then launched myself at it. It screeched and went to take off, but I pulled it back down. I snarled slightly as it kept screeching. I went to grab its neck,

"Maleficent!" My father said, and my grin was wiped off my face.

"Yes, Father?" I asked, slumping my shoulders slightly.

"Leave the bird alone," He told me.

"But,"

"Maleficent," He said sternly and I huffed, letting the bird go. It went to fly away, but I guess my weight had been too much on its wings. I smirked slightly and picked it up by its feet. I went to Father at his table where he was sitting with my mother. I put the bird up on the table.

"Can I keep it?" I asked, as the bird got to its feet and started trying to get away. I watched it as my parents did. They looked to each other.

"He could use a friend," My mother said, and I went to poke the bird. It snapped at my finger and I pulled back. I hissed at it and it screeched back at me. My eyes narrowed towards the bird as it started trying to fly again.

"I suppose," My father said, and then touched the bird, healing it. It got off the table and started to fly. I watched it and then a shot of light consumed the bird and turned it to a boy. The boy fell and I smiled. I hadn't seen another person before, "Fetch him some robes," I quickly went into the cottage and got some clothes for the boy. I took them back out and gave them to him. He looked at them and put them on shakily.

"What have you done to me?" He asked us.

"Play nice, Maleficent," Father told me, and I nodded, quickly going to the boy.

"Come on!" I said, patting his shoulder. He looked at me in a horrified way, but then followed me to my small area of clear grass. I turned to him as he looked around. He was confused, but I was curious, "What's your name?"

"Diaval," He said, "Yourself?"

"Maleficent," I said, and took a small bow. He nodded his head down, confused.

"And you're a fairy?"

I nodded, "And you're a raven,"

"Crow," He said, rolling his shoulders back, "Why'd you try to kill me?"

"I was just seeing how quickly and easily it would be,"

"And you chose me?!"

"You weren't paying attention, now were you?" I asked, smiling slightly.

"That's, that's evil," He said, his head going to one side as his eyebrows wrinkled.

"It's not as if you could fight me back," I crossed my arms and held my head high.

He scoffed, "You want to bet?"

"Just try to beat me, bird," I said, and he growled. He started running to me and I stepped to the side. He ran into empty air and stopped, looking at me. He went to hit me and I caught his fist, "Diaval, do you truly think you could beat me? You've only just taken this form, and I've had mine since I was born,"

"I will fight you, Maleficent, for my freedom," He told me.

"And if you lose?"

"I will serve you,"

I smirked, "Alright, deal," I held out my hand and he took it. We shook on it and then went at it.

Once he hit the ground on his stomach, I pinned him down and twisted one arm behind his back. He cried out and grunted. I thought it was funny.