Four

"Hey, you feeling any better?" Klays voice hummed as he stepped into the living room of my house, where I was laying face down into the couch cushion.

When I dont reply, he chuckles lowly. "I'll take that as a no."

Lifting my head up to see Klay, I ask quietly, "Can you please fetch me some pain killers? I ran out of advil and Ibuprofen."

Klay nods. "Ill be back." He leaves, and I shove my head deeper into the darkness of the pillow.

Its been almost a week, about five days, since the injury, and the pain in my head has decreased a little, but my ankle is the opposite.

I went to get it checked yesterday, since I couldnt put any weight on it or else I would fall, and it was still swollen terribly.

I found out that I fractured my ankle. Dont remember how, though. The doctor also said that some of my memory from the game will soon come back.

This totally sucks. I cant play until I'm symptom free of a concussion for five days, and I still have symptoms as we speak. Plus my ankle is broken, so that doesnt help. I have to get sugery for the Bimalleolar Fracture I have.

Soon enough, Klay comes back, but not just with the pain killers.

"Hey there!" Draymond's loud voice nears me and i feel the end of the couch dip.

"shh Dray, I think she's sleeping." Stephens soft voice shuts up Draymond, and I hold back a sigh of relief. "She's in pain, let her be."

I pretend to be asleep because I dont really want to talk. At all.

"She looks so peaceful." Klay cooes as he sees me cuddled into the back of the couch, my head pushed into the pillow. "She's so pretty." His quiet voice hums, a hand runing through my hair.

"W-what?" Steph laughs shakily.

"Klay man, what did you say?" Draymond's loud laugh echoes throughout the room, and I squirm.

"Nothing!"

"Man, Dont be so loud." Steph says. "You'll wake her up. And it sure didn't look like nothing." I could imagine Steph rolling his eyes right about now.

"Fine. Maybe it wasnt nothing." Klay mutters.

"Sure as hell wasn't." Draymond chuckles. "Dude..she got any food in this place? I'm starving!"

Alright. I've had enough. "Draymond, can you be any louder?" I groan as I try to sit up without using my foot. "And yes I do have food."

"Great." He gives me a big smile, and runs off to the kitchen.

There's silence between the three of us until Klay hands me the medicine, which I gladly take with the glass of water on the coffee table. "I ran into these two idiots at the store so..I just brought them along to cheer you up, since you know, you cant play in the finals an all and-" He cuts himself off when he sees my pained face and Stephen's glare.

"Shut up, Klay." Steph rolls his eyes. "Not the right topic."

"Sorry, Dakota." He rubs his arm sheepishly. "I'll just..um-go check on Dray before he eats your fridge." He says, and leaves the room, leaving a shy steph and I in uncomfortable silence.

Steph coughs. "um, so...any news on that ankle?"

I nod. "Yeah, I have to go in for sugery. The break is pretty bad. It totally sucks though. I cant play at all yet." I whimper.

"Oh." He smiles at me sympathetically. "Itll be alright, Dakota. I've been through something similar, all you gotta do is push through it." says Steph, and he walks over to sit at the bottom of the couch.