Eight

"Get out of bed, sleepyhead." Stephen's voice echoes from the doorway of my room, where I was sitting with my leg raised up on a pillow for the second week in a row.

I stuff my head further into my pillow, muttering profanities under my breath before speaking. "Its not like I have a choice.." I mutter.

I hear him sigh. "Klay and I thought we could take you out for ice cream before your appointment." I turn my head to face him when he says this. He got me on ice cream. "And then maybe you could come to our playoff game?" He pries.

I shrug. "We'll I-"

"Please come? We're gonna win." He still tries to make me say yes, when I've already have.

"Steph, I was gonna say yes anyway." I laugh at him and sit up.

"Okay." He breathes, and comes by my side to grab my hands, helping me stand up. "Klay's downstairs, then." He drops my hands once he realizes hes been holding them, and walks out of the room.

I stand there on my wobbly foot, looking over at me crutches, which were all the way at the other side of my room. "Uhh, Steph?"

"Yeah?" I hear his voice mutter, and soon enough hes back in the doorway.

"Can you grab my crutches please?" I ask him kindly.

"Yeah, sure." He nods, walking over to grab them before handing me them. "Thanks."

"No problem." He smiles, about to turn around to go down the steps, but faces me. "Do you need help, you know," He begins, eyeing the steps, and my one foot. "The steps are pretty steep, you might slip." He notifies me, rubbing the back of his neck.

He's been acting super awkward ever since we fell asleep next to each other the other day, and I dont really know why. Klay and I do it all the time when we have movie nights.

"Well I dont know how you could help, I me-" I was cut off when Stephen's arms came around my waist, and I was resting in his arms bridal style.

I look up at him, and he looks down at me with a mischievous glint in his eyes. "I'll be your crutch."

I feel my cheeks burn a bit, and I wonder why the hell I'm feeling this way. "Thank you. " I squeak out as he begins to descend down the stair with me in his arms.

"So guys, I cant make it beca-what is going on?" Klay looks at Stephen, a clear pained expression plastered on his face as he takes notice of the position of us.

Steph sets me down, and looks to Klay with a smirk. "She needed help."

Klay stares at both of us with a slight of a glare, and finally shrugs. "We'll I can't make it to your appointment." He says, but gives no reason as he stares down at his phone with worry. "Uh-I got to go."

As he says this, he grabs his keys he left on the coffee table and ran out.

Stephen mumbles something under his breath before looking down at me with a forced smile. "I guess I'll be taking you to your appointment." He chuckles, and starts to walk up the steps to grab my crutches.

I can't help but smile. He's such a gentlemen. Well, sometimes...

He comes down the stairs with my crutches and a half smile. "Let's go."

"Wait- I need to bring my walking boot with me. I'm getting my cast off." I squeal happily, and crutch my way over to the boot that was laying in a corner somewhere.

----------

After the appointment, I let out a sigh. "I thought they were taking off the cast." I pout in the front seat of the car.

Stephen gives me a small smile. "Sorry, you gotta wait another four weeks."

I throw my head back against the seat and mumble profanities under my breath. "Like, they took it off, but they put it back on. What the fuck."

Stephen chuckles. "We'll it's not really a cast, it's more like..." He carries off, focusing on the road. "Bandages?"

I shrug in agreement, and silence over takes us.

"I have to stop at my house before we get to the game." He awkwardly tells me as he suddenly stops for a red light.

"Shit." I let out as I fly forward a bit, just as Stephen's forearm extends over in my direction so I don't move any more forward.

He moves his arm after seconds of uncomfortable silence. "Uh sorry. Force of habit." He says, an drives along as the light changes green.

I shrug, an turn to face him with an eyebrow raised. "Okay, what's with you?"

He glances over at me for a second before focusing on the road. "Um, excuse me?"

"You've been acting strange...is there a reason?" I question him, really confused. "Does it have to do with the kiss thing?"

A look of confusing flashes across his gorgeous face."The kiss has nothing to do with it. I'm still deciding when it's gonna happen." He shakes his head as we pull into a gated home's driveway.

He sighs, glancing over at me. "I don't know, Kota. I guess I've been thinking too much."

"About what? The playoffs?"

He parks the car in front of the beautiful home, but we make no effort in getting out.

Steph turns in his seat and just looks at me, until I bring up the courage to snap my fingers in front of his face.

He blinks, and smiles while shaking his head. "Sorry."

"Seriously steph, you gotta get your head in the game. If you got something on your mind, you won't play well." I reach over slowly to grab his hand when I see his confused and pained face.

Our hands entangle together when he looks up at me in surprise. "Um...I'm gonna go grab my bag alright? I-ill be right b-back." He pulls his hand away and steps out of the car, walking through the large doors of his home.

I sigh, wondering to myself what's going on in his mind.

Minutes later, he steps back into the car, with a gym back over his shoulder, and shades cover he's gorgeous eyes.

He smiles at me as he starts to drive in the oracles direction, and we rest in uncomfortable silence for the thousandth time. "Okay I'm done with this shit." I say as I turn off the radio that was quietly playing. "Tell me what's wrong. Did I do something?"

He shakes his head. "No no, it's more of what I didn't do."

I quirk an eyebrow. "What do you mean?"

He shrugs. "It's nothing, alright."

Silence.

"You know," I start, when something pops up in my memory. "You never told me your real name, Stephen."

He smirks, giving me a sideways glance. "You want to know?"

I nod, intrigued. "Always wanted to."

He laughs. "Could've googled it."

I chuckle at myself for not thinking that. "Oh."

He laughs. "Okay, let's jam to rap music. I need to get pumped up for this game."

I smile over at him and turn up the volume.

--------------

Heyyy guys! I'm back 😂don't hate me!😄

I was busy with family and stuff with my grandma, and sorry I wasn't updating sooner. I'll see what I can do to finish some more chapters from all three I my books, and stuff.

Thanks for reading! Vote and comment!💜

Stel>