Seven

(isnt it cute?  ^^ xD It may not look like much, but Youll find out what its for)

========

"You alright, Kota?" Klay mumbles from the drivers seat, looking back at me through the rear view mirror, since Steph was sitting up front.

I must've looked pained since I was heading for surgery. "No, not really." I mutter. "Kinda scared."

Steph turns around to look at me. He smiles, probably trying to make me feel better. "I've got this done before, Kota. It's gonna be alright, okay?"

I nod, but still feel shaken up. I've never really injured myself this bad, and never gone through surgery either. I have a right to be worried. "What if the surgery doesn't help.." I mutter more to myself then anyone, but they still heard me.

"Listen, Dakota." Klay sighs as we stop at a red light. "No matter what happens, you'll still be Dakota Storm, the best player in the wnba." He outstretches his arms exaggeratedly, before putting his hands on the wheel again, finally realizing it's green after the car behind us blew their horn more than twice. "Jeez nigga I'm moving." Klay rolls his eyes. "Asshole."

Steph chuckles at his best friend. "What klay is trying to say is," Steph continues. "That no matter what happens, youll still be you. Dakota Storm. No matter if the surgery works, or doesnt, or whatever, you're still number one." He smiles at me once more before turning around to face the road.

I let out a big sigh when Klay pulls into the hospital parking lot. I step out on my crutches with the two boys by my side, and mutter, "Here goes nothing."

========

"Look at you, back from the dead." Klay chuckles as he steps into my temporary hospital room, known as recovery room or whatever.

Rolling my eyes, I look down at my foot, which was covered in some type of cast, with pins. "I feel dead." I say, sighing. "Like, what the hell are these pins for? Stability? What stability? Why am I in a room? ..When can I get out of the fucking hell hole, I feel like I'm in an insane assylum..why cant I leave?"

Klay laughs, and takes a seat at the edge of the hospital bed.

I glare at him. "My bed. Get the fuck off of my bed."

Klay doesnt budge, like he's trying to get on my nerves while I'm all hyped up on medicine. "I said move, asshat. What if I want to stretch out my legs?"

"Arent you just a bundle of joy." Stephen's voice hums from the doorway.

I turn my attention towards him, where he was holding a giant stuffed teddy bear, with other stuffed animals, and a golden state jersey was resting over his forearm. "Gifts from the guys." He chuckles, and sits at the other end of my bed that wasnt occupied by Klay's ass.

His smile is contageous when he hands me the jersey with number twenty-three on it. "This is from Draymond, obviously. It's signed by him too."

I smile for the first time all day and take hold of the jersey, and set it on my lap when I see him handing over the giant bear. "This is actually from your team, your coach brought it in." He chuckles a bit, setting the bear on the side of the bed. "And the guys all wrote you a card, exccept Klay and I. We're the cool ones."

Klay pulls something from the side of the bed, which was a dog stuffed amimal with the words "Get better!" on its belly. "Awe its adorable!" I giggle. "Thanks Klay."

His cheeks tint red as I lean over to hug him.

I pull away, and notice steph is holding a stuffed dog in his hands also. "Um, I didnt know Klay was buying you a dog.." He scratches the back of his neck, handing me the adorable puppy dog. "But I thought it was cute at the store, I mean, Its no Klay's present, or the greatest but-"