Chapter 2 || Meeting them

Richelle's family 👆
Noah's Pov
A nicely dressed couple stood on the entrance matt. The man who I believe was John, stood restlessly, hands shoved into his pockets. His slightly greying hair was combed perfectly to his head. His eyes glistened with the same mischievous look I had seen in my fathers eyes many times before, as he looked towards his wife (I presume) with glee. His partner was a beautiful women. Really beautiful in fact..
She had bright blonde hair which trailed down her back softly. Her makeup was executed to perfection and she wore a pretty pink dress.
"Riley! Oh my god, how are you?! It's been years since I last saw you!"
Exclaimed the woman happily, crossing her way through the threshold to pull Riley into a tight hug. I watched as mums eyes widened with either joy to see the woman or pain at how tight she was being held. It's hard to tell.
"Mitchie!"
She exclaimed with glee.
"Oh wait...can I call you that? It has been awhile."
Asked mum cautiously. They released their grip on each other.
"Really Riley? It hasn't been that long. You can call me anything you want. Mitchie. Michelle. Miss national soloist"
She teased. Oh so that's her name! It's very pretty..hey! Don't look at me like that! I'm a teenage boy. I notice things. And at this very moment I can't help but notice how perfect her behind looks in the that skin tight dress.
    I suddenly felt a slight pressure on my shoulder. I turned to see a manicured hand poking into my skin.
"Checking out my mum. Wow! Womaniser much? She's like twenty years older than you."
Mocked a girlish voice from beside me. Fuck! Someone caught me. I quickly turned to the source of the voice only to find a pair of green eyes burning into my skin. Woah. Crap! Her eyes are pretty.
"Hey are you okay? You haven't moved in awhile.."
Asked the voice in concern, a slight amusement barely noticeable. Oh god! Who is this girl? She clicked her fingers in front of face and I broke my trance. I decided to see how else she looked apart from her eyes. I glanced further down her body. She stood like a goddess, her long (and I mean long) hair cascading down her back delicately. Her bright yellow dress was split down the middle, exposing a bit of cleavage. I couldn't help but trail my eyes even further to until they landed on her lean legs. They looked extra long with the addition of her heels.
"Like what you see?"
She teased once more, letting out a little laugh. Okay Noah, you can stop now! Please? I jumped up quickly bringing my eyes to look at something in the distance.
"Oh hello! Who are you?"
Asked mum softly. I guess she is referring to the bright blonde. I watched as Michelle walked over to the girl and man, delicately putting an arm around their shoulders.
"Oh Riley! I forgot to introduce you to my family. This is my husband John-"
She said pointing towards the man. He gave a slight nod, and mumbled a quick 'hello'.
"-and this is my daughter-Richelle."
Replied Michelle happily. So she's her daughter. Ugh. How did I not realise sooner? I watched as my mums eyes widened with surprise before giving them a gentle smile. She turned towards me before repeating what Michelle had done with Richelle.
"It's nice to meet you Richelle. I'm Riley! This is my son, Noah. You look about the same age-"
She said exclaimed, looking her up and down
"-maybe you can hang out sometimes-that is if he gets out of his room. He never leaves it! I don't know what he does up there."
She exuded happiness. Oh god! Really mum? Can you be anymore embarrassing? I turned to see Richelle staring at me with a smirk.
"What do you do up there?"
She taunted. Oh...wait. Did she think? No, nope, nada. That is stereotyping. Just because I'm up there on my own does not mean that I'm...ya know. Do you really need me to say the word? Starts with an 'm'. Did you get it? I hope so because I'm not repeating it.
"Playing video games.."
I mumbled. It's not like I'm lying. That is what I do. Either that or working out. Richelle dropped her smile, however her eyes still glistened with mischief. She's a stubborn one.
"Are you sure?"
She asked sweetly. Okay! This girl may be pretty-gorgeous even, but by god she does not give up! Of course I'm sure!
"Yes I'm sure"
I gritted through my teeth. I practically saw her flinch when I said that. She deserved it! I felt my mums grip on my shoulders tighten.
"Now Noah, that's no way to greet our guests. Why don't you and umm-"
She glanced over to Richelle. Don't tell me you've forgot her name already.
"Richelle-go to your room"
My room?! Why my room? Why not the living room? Or..or the dining room. Why specifically my room?
"Are you umm really sure that's a good idea?"
Piped the man I believe to be John. I watched as moved forward until he stood in line with the rest of his family. I noticed he had a worried look in his eyes. Oh god. Really? I can just imagine what's going through his head. A strange boy. His young daughter. A bedroom. A lock. No wonder he looks worried-it sounds like every dads worst nightmare!
"Oh shush John! Of course it's a good idea. There's no point of them sitting with us while we wait for the dinner to cook. Richelle will be alright. Won't you sweetie?"
Soothed Michelle, gently rubbing a hand up and down his arm. John looked at her-worry still evident in the crows feet beside his eyes before softly nodding his head.
"Yeah...yeah you're right."
He replied looking towards Richelle.
"You okay with that darling?"
He asked hesitantly. Silently, I think he was begging for her to say no.
"Sure...it would be great to get to know Noah. It seems like after tonight we might be here quite often"
She replied, with a smile. 'Get to know me', what the bloody hell does she mean by that? Michelle let out a laugh, pulling Richelle into a hug.
"I'm down for coming here everyday...as long as you're cooking."
She joked, pointing a finger towards Riley happily. Oh! I forgot mum was here. I turned to stare at her. She had gone completely white, her eyes widened in panic. Ah! I know why. Cooking dinner. Every night. Acting friendly. The stress. You should have seen her this morning.  She was running around the kitchen like a maniac, trying not to burn the food. I nudged her arm softly, to make her aware that we were still here. She flinched lightly, licking her lips.
"Oh..let's not think about that now! Oh look! I think I hear the bell on the cooker. Dinner must be nearly done."
She said quickly, pointing behind her to the door that I knew led to the kitchen. I watched as she put one arm around Michelle and the other around John-detaching Richelle from the family unit.
"Come! Come! The livings room this way."
She said pushing them towards a door on her right. I never seen her this nervous. I watched as Michelle opened her mouth to say something to Richelle but was swiftly cut off.
"This way! Noah bring Richelle to your room, oh and if you happen to come across your father, tell him not to be long"
She spoke, a smile never leaving her lips as she continued to push our guests into the living room. I gave her a nod to please her.
"Rich-"
Started Michelle, turning slightly to look at her.
However she was stopped again by mum.
"Richelle will be fine. Won't you sweetie?"
She asked. Richelle went to answer but just like her mother she was cut off.
"There you see! She'll be safe and sound. Noah will take care of her. Now, I think I hear a bottle of champagne basically calling my name. Won't you join me for a drink?"
She said happily, giving them one last push into the living room. Just before closing the door, she turned to me.
"Be nice Noah. Impressions count"
She seethed through her smile, before slamming the door shut. Oh jeez! When she stressed and tired, she sure is scary!
     Then it was just me, Richelle and the quiet. The only sound that could be heard was the constant ticking of the clock in the hallway. Well...this is fun! I heard a rustle as Richelle shifted from foot to foot.
"I'm not trying to be rude but...your mum is a little strange!"

Cliffhanger again! 😜