Chapter 5 || James!

This is another James, John, Michelle and Riley chapter. I was thinking about doing alternate chapters. Like one chapter is Nochelle and the next is the parents. Who do you think?

Riley's PoV
"Oh shi-shiitake mushrooms! Don't even worry about it! The doors fine!"
Announced James as he walked through the door. He glanced his eyes over the wood and rubbed a hand over it. Finally! Where the bloody hell have you been? After inspecting the door further and realising that it was in fact perfectly okay, he closed it carefully and walked towards me.
"Oh there you are James! I was starting to get worried that you weren't going to turn up."
Teased Michelle, giving him a wide grin. I felt James put his arm around my waist, pulling me closer towards him.
"Oh that. I would have been here sooner but I got distracted. Lovely daughter you have by the way, although she doesn't seem to speak much."
James replied. Huh? What does he mean? I watched as Michelle cocked an eyebrow in confusion.
"Oh? You met her then?"
Asked Michelle curiously. To be honest I'd be lying if I said I wasn't curious too. James leant down and pored himself a glass of wine before returning back to his original position. Oh hurry up, will you? The anticipation is killing me. After taking one small sip of the liquid he started to speak once more.
"Yeah I did. Was strolling down the stairs when I saw her and Noah staring at a photograph of A troupe. Have you told her about The Next Step? She seemed very confused as to why you were in the picture?"
He asked inquisitively, taking another sip from his glass. How..how could Michelle not tell Richelle about The Next Step? Was she ashamed of us? I watched as look of realisation came upon Michelle's face, as she let out a comforting smile.
"Ah"
She said.
"I suppose I never told her because she never asked about it. It's not really a conversation that can be brought up at dinner and discussed in five minutes. I'd need a few hours to explain everything.."
She said with a light laugh. Oh. I suppose she's right. I mean the amount of drama and speculation that went on during our time on A troupe was extraordinary.
"Speaking of topics that need to be discussed...Noah? Why are they going up to his room? Do you want a grandchild so soon?"
Asked James with a laugh, turning to face me. What? We can trust Noah. He knows not to get a girl pregnant and...even if he does...there is always the things left over in the top drawer of the cabinet.
"Riley! If Noah's anything like us, he's probably going to inherit at least one of our sex drives!"
He exclaimed. James! How could you discuss our love life in such detail with people around? Sure it's just Michelle and John but..that doesn't matter. I felt my eyes widen, I opened my mouth about to scold him but I was soon cut off.
"I bet you...if I went up their right now, they would be going at it like rab-"
"DUDE! Stop! That's my daughter you're talking about!"
Called a voice from behind Michelle. I looked around her only to find John. There he stood, arms crossed and a blank look placed on his face. I forgot John was here. I felt James untangle himself from me, dropping his glass onto the coffee table.
"Duuude! I didn't even see you there. How are you my man? God! It has been far to long"
He spoke walking forward towards him.
"This is new, suits you though. Gives you a sense of maturity."
He relied, pulling on a few strands of greyish hair poking from John's beard. I heard Michelle huff.
"Mature? Christ! He's about as mature as a six year old. Always messing about and disobeying rules"
Michelle replied with a giggle. Of thank goodness! I thought I was the only one with an immature husband. Good god, I hope Noah's inherited my brains. I let out a sigh of relief.
"Come ere' man. Let's hug it out"
Said James, pulling John into a tight hug and patting him on his shoulder blades. After a few minutes they let go.
"Man! I've missed you dude. It's been strange not seeing you all the time. I remember the good ol' days with the band. Those were the days huh?"
Spoke John, with a gentle smile. I remember that time. The band nearly forced me and James apart but luckily it didn't. He chose me over the band and for that I'm truly thankful. I watched as James eyes widened in excitement.
"Yo dude! Just as you said that. You'll never guess what I found in the attic."
Oh god! Do not mention that stupid attic again.  I think I have an idea on what he's talking about.
"I don't know. Tell me!"
Responded John equally excited.
"No. You need to guess!"
Said James, jumping up and down on his tippy toes. Oh jeez! Do see what I mean when I say immature. He's acting like a ten year old.
"James. He's never going guess. It was an old tape of the band playing. That's what he found"
I feigned with laughter. James turned to me in sorrow.
"Riley! He was supposed to guess!"
He complained. Oh James! I don't think you'll ever be truly a grown up, will you? I suddenly heard a small ding in the distance. I recognise that sound. It's the timer on the cooker. Its ringing. For real this time. It's time for dinner I guess! It hasn't been that long that we've been talking, has it? If Noah and Richelle were able to do something in that small amount of time I will be surprised! I turned to face everyone, tapping my long nails against my glass to capture their attention.
"Uh hum"
I coughed to clear my throat before speaking.
"Unfortunately we'll have to watch them later. The dinner is ready."
I announced. James and John moaned in annoyance. Oh dear. Michelle turned to me.
"Would you like any help? It would be great to talk a little more"
Asked Michelle happily. Oh. Well..I suppose I could do with some help setting the table. I nodded my head towards her, yes. I turned to walk into the kitchen, motioning for Michelle to follow me. As we walked I couldn't help but wander back to what James said earlier about Noah and Richelle. I trust Noah! It's important to be able to trust your children. But..but what if he is like us. Why if he can't control himself?..

Cliffhanger ending because I can't do any other sort. Enjoy!